Snow BX Snow plow Question

/ BX Snow plow Question #1  

Stradbash

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 25
Hi Folks,

I'm contemplating the purchase of a BX25 and a few attachments to go with it. (aka in negotiations with the wife)
My question is about the 60" plow blade and it's effectiveness. My current snow removal equipment is a Simplicity Conquest tractor with a 42" blade. The problem I have with it is that the geometry of that blade/hitch combination (which is similar to that of the BX) is such that when the blade is angled, the trailing edge of the blade is about an inch higher than the leading edge. This results in my leaving unwanted snow near the side of the lane I'm plowing, rather than scraping down closer to the road surface as the leading edge does.

Is this at all a problem with the 60" BX plow?

Thanks Much!

Stradbash

/ BX Snow plow Question #2  
Yes you will have the same problem just a little bit more because the blade is longer.
Bob

/ BX Snow plow Question #3  
Yes you will have the same problem just a little bit more because the blade is longer.
Bob

Even in float mode? Don't have a BX blade, but it's on my long term want list and I didn't even think about this issue as my Wheel Horse plow is level at any angle.

/ BX Snow plow Question #4  
I dont have a kubota plow - but from what i have seen - all plows is higher on one end then the other when angled fully. You might be able to resolve your issue if you dont like this by using a truck plow and modify on the bx fel arms. Some have done this on this forum as well have I. Mine is currently connected like a dozer blade (prefer to use trip springs and angle) but its the easyest and quickest way I know without any fabbing. This summer I will be fabbing a hitch for it so i can angle it and duse trip springs. Right now its nice the way i got it since its better then poorman wooden snow pusher i mounted on the bucket of FEL and i can push snow up high and over the bank if needed.

/ BX Snow plow Question #5  
Have you thought about a rear blade? I use a rear blade, and using the adjustments on the 3 point, you can get it to lay flat. The problem is you are pretty much stuck with it at the angle. For my driveway that is not a problem.

/ BX Snow plow Question #6  
When the blade is placed on the ground in the float position it will clear snow the full path of the blade and allow the snow to go off of the side that is angled back. When the blade is lifted the angled back side will be closer to the ground and the other end will be higher off the ground. This is helpful if you have different kinds of surfaces and want to remove or add the skid shoes. It's all good- get the 60" blade that has the power angle with the skid shoes, if you can find one. They are in short supply this year as discussed in some of the posts here.

/ BX Snow plow Question #7  
I don't have the plow, but like others have said, it's on my wish list.
As for the blade contact, it depends on the pivot for the blade tilt. If that pivot is vertical, and not tilted front-to-back with respect to the tractor, then the blade will remain parallel to the ground when it's tilted. The same thing applies to a rear blade on the 3 point, but there you can adjust the top link to make the blade pivot vertical.
If it's a major concern, I'd stop at the dealer and check one out, on flat, level ground of course.
If you do, come back and tell us what you find!

David

/ BX Snow plow Question #8  
Hi Folks,

I'm contemplating the purchase of a BX25 and a few attachments to go with it. (aka in negotiations with the wife)
My question is about the 60" plow blade and it's effectiveness. My current snow removal equipment is a Simplicity Conquest tractor with a 42" blade. The problem I have with it is that the geometry of that blade/hitch combination (which is similar to that of the BX) is such that when the blade is angled, the trailing edge of the blade is about an inch higher than the leading edge. This results in my leaving unwanted snow near the side of the lane I'm plowing, rather than scraping down closer to the road surface as the leading edge does.

*Is this at all a problem with the 60" BX plow?

Thanks Much!

Stradbash
* not with my 60'' plow.

/ BX Snow plow Question #9  
IMHO I wouldn't waste my time with the 60" blade. The 72" is only costs about $10 more but gives you another foot for clearing snow. You should have no problems with your tractor. As far as it being level when angled, I haven't had any problems with it.

/ BX Snow plow Question #10  
IMHO I wouldn't waste my time with the 60" blade. The 72" is only costs about $10 more but gives you another foot for clearing snow. You should have no problems with your tractor. As far as it being level when angled, I haven't had any problems with it.

I would like a 72" Blade but for the BX series the 60" blade is the big one........