New (to me) 1830

/ New (to me) 1830 #1  

jimmer2880

Platinum Member
Tractor
'05 Kubota BX1830
I've been on TBN for a couple years. Previously, I was on the Yanmar side of the house.

But, as of yesterday I now own a Kubota 1830 with ~200 hours.

It came with a 54" MMM and an (unused) woods scraper blade. I had the plow in the picture mounted on my other tractor. I have laying there trying to figure out how I'm going to mount it this time.

IMG_7719.jpg

IMG_7720.jpg

IMG_7721.jpg

/ New (to me) 1830 #2  
Nice looking tractor and thanks for the photos. You are going to enjoy it.

/ New (to me) 1830 #5  
Congrats Jim ! Welcome upstairs to the Kubota forum........ your new BX looks great. Looks like you havent sold your FX yet?

/ New (to me) 1830 #6  
Good looking tractor, looks to be in very good shape and well cared for. Should give you many years of good service. Good luck with the new to you purchase.

/ New (to me) 1830
Thanks everyone.... I think it'll be a great fit. It looks very well built and well designed.

A large reason to buy it, was for the hydrostat. My dad, who grew up on a farm and never lost the love of playing in the dirt, had a stroke a couple years ago. It broke his heart to not be able to drive a tractor anymore. What a joy it was to see him drive the Bx around the yard yesterday when we brought it home.

Ductape - The Yanmar is actually sold. I have the money for it. The new owner just hasn't been able to come pick it up. Until he gets here, it'll have a nice home in my garage. No doubt I will miss the Yanmar. Those are strong, stout little tractors.

/ New (to me) 1830
BTW - what kinds of things should I watch out for? I read about getting a HST fan guard. I'll either be buying or making one of those this winter.

After looking for a few minutes, I finally found the battery. I need to unhook it to weld the bucket hook on :)