Oil & Fuel Fuel problem?

/ Fuel problem? #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
My BX2350 has 113 hours on it. I have been reading all the fuel problems lately and think I had one. My tractor has been losing power under load a little bit lately. It almost acted like I was coming out of the seat, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the problem. I went ahead and changed the rear filter. I removed the front fuel line first, and noticed just a little bit of fuel came out, and when I removed the rear line the fuel poured out. When I put the new filter on and connected the rear line, I noticed alot more fuel came out the front with the new filter. It seemed to run much better afterwards.
What I can't figure out is why it plugged up in the first place. My tractor get used on a pretty regular basis, every couple weeks at the least. I get fuel from a gas station that moves alot of fuel, I think. During the recent cold weather I have kept it in a heated gargage (45 degrees). I treat my fuel with Howes. I cut the old filter open and it wasn't gelled up or obviously dirty. It didn't appear to have water in it. I'm just wondering if its normal to plug up a filter in a little over 100 hours.

/ Fuel problem? #2  
Congratulations - you have experienced gelled fuel. Add some diesel treatment to the fuel. I like "Howes Diesel Treat". Others like PowerService. You may need to drain the fuel from the tractor and warm it up to 65F then treat it as the treatments PREVENT gel, they don't cure gel. If you can't do that, a product like Diesel 911 can be used. But those products are alcohol based and are hard on the system.

jb

/ Fuel problem? #3  
I'm just wondering if its normal to plug up a filter in a little over 100 hours.

That can happen with some dirty fuel. A plugged filter may not be obvious to the eye!:D

Seeing as you had no flow prior to filter change and then had flow after the filter change with the same fuel seems to indicate your present fuel is OK. It may not hurt to check the tank to see what kind of residual resides there awaiting for another time!:D

/ Fuel problem? #4  
My BX2350 has 113 hours on it. I have been reading all the fuel problems lately and think I had one. My tractor has been losing power under load a little bit lately. It almost acted like I was coming out of the seat, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the problem. I went ahead and changed the rear filter. I removed the front fuel line first, and noticed just a little bit of fuel came out, and when I removed the rear line the fuel poured out. When I put the new filter on and connected the rear line, I noticed alot more fuel came out the front with the new filter. It seemed to run much better afterwards.
What I can't figure out is why it plugged up in the first place. My tractor get used on a pretty regular basis, every couple weeks at the least. I get fuel from a gas station that moves alot of fuel, I think. During the recent cold weather
1*I have kept it in a heated gargage (45 degrees). I treat my fuel with Howes.
I cut the old filter open and it wasn't gelled up or obviously dirty. It didn't appear to have water in it. I'm just wondering if its normal to plug up a filter in a little over 100 hours.

Add some diesel treatment to the fuel. I like "Howes Diesel Treat".
You may need to drain the fuel from the tractor and warm it up to 65F .

jb
He had already done that see #1 above.