grass cutting with b7510

/ grass cutting with b7510 #1  

klint

Bronze Member
how long should it take to mow 3 acers of grass with a b7510 and 60 inch m.m.m and hydrostat trans?its flat land some trees a barn and some other obsticales to mow around.and how do they do for mowing anround trees do they get close enough?i just bought it a month ago it moves snow great with a rear blade and loader.this is my first hydrostat tractor ive had 3 other bigger gear drives.so far i love it and think mowing time will be cut down.it used to take me 1.5 hours with my gear drive and rear mower.

/ grass cutting with b7510 #2  
I average one acre per hour mowing with my B7500HSD with 60" MMM. Lawn, pasture, meadow all about the same, unless I let them get too long. I cut about ten acres total. I can cut faster, but don't like the result in the lawn, nor the bouncing in the pasture and meadow. In my lawn area, I have ten foot diameter circles cut out around each tree. The B7500 will turn tighter, but there is greater chance of grass damage.

/ grass cutting with b7510 #3  
You will find the tighter the turns the more you tear up the lawn , even in 2 wheel drive.

I try to make slight turns with large direction changes and passes in different dirctions around the trees...

But for now all I need to worry about are the 8' piles of snow....

/ grass cutting with b7510
fire fighter i noticed your front plow.i was thinking of doing the dame thing.what kind of plow is it and did you attach it to your bucket?do you have any pics?

/ grass cutting with b7510 #6  
I have a 3 acre homestead; includes small orchard, garden and numerous tree plantings.It takes me about 4 hours to do everything; e.g. cut grass with tractor, do close work and hills with push mower, and trim with a string trimmer.