Retrofit for BX-24

/ Retrofit for BX-24 #1  

FishAlaska

Bronze Member
Does anyone know if there are any retrofit parts for the BX-24 that will allow the FEL to operate at idle such as in the BX-25? What about parts that eliminate the abrupt stop in reverse?

/ Retrofit for BX-24 #2  
FishAlaska,

Yes there ia a kit Kubota put out that addresses all the problems.
The part # for the kit is BX25.

Sorry...I had to say it before anyone else did!!:D:D

Deano

/ Retrofit for BX-24 #3  
Does anyone know if there are any retrofit parts for the BX-24 that will allow the FEL to operate at idle such as in the BX-25? What about parts that eliminate the abrupt stop in reverse?

I could honestly care less about the operation at idle. Would not pay $5 for the upgrade to avoid moving a lever 1/4 inch.
Now the abrupt stop would be of interest. I would love to find out if the parts that accomplish this improvement will fit he 24. It does not bother me enough to puchase it without a need but if the components ever fail, I certainly would.

/ Retrofit for BX-24 #4  
I agree with TXkevin. I don't understand what the big deal is with the FEL not working at idle. If it did work, it would be real slow. Just crack open the throttle a little.

/ Retrofit for BX-24 #5  
Regarding the abrupt stop, has anyone investigated putting a damper cylinder in parallel with the pedal assembly? I've noticed there is already one on mine (on the underside) but I've never taken it off to see which direction of travel it dampens. Obviously it is not in the CORRECT direction to help this situation.

/ Retrofit for BX-24 #6  
yup - i messed around with the dampener. i even had a thread about it. I had it off-- scary . there was no gas pedal push feeling. I reversed the dampener, I think it feels different. I even tighten the jam nut for faster return and i have to have my foot on it all the time now. From what i understand is that the hst tranny has dynamic braking built in. The BX25 just makes it more fliud and less abrupt. I assume that if you bought the BX25 tranny and swap it out, it would resolve the aburpt issue.

/ Retrofit for BX-24 #7  
Guys,

I have a BX25 and it would appear that it could be just a change in the pedal linkage. I bought both the rear and front skidplate from Bro-Tek and the front plate would not fit properly as the linkage is lower than the BX24 linkage. I had to cut the plate so that it would fit.

It most likely is more complicated than just the linkage but you never know.

Here are some pictures of the plate with the linkage.

Cheers,

Attachments

• 100_2339.JPG
    100_2339.JPG
    569.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 100_2341.JPG
    100_2341.JPG
    557.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 100_2342.JPG
    100_2342.JPG
    655.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_2340.JPG
    100_2340.JPG
    594.2 KB · Views: 219
   / Retrofit for BX-24 #8  
hmm -- your dampener looks different then BX24's. here a pic of mine to compare.

Attachments

• 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    837.5 KB · Views: 223
   / Retrofit for BX-24 #9  
Wouldn't you think one of the Kubota dealers out there that has a 25 parts list would maybe look at it and respond or talk to his rep at Kubota? :confused: