BX2200, Steering problems.

/ BX2200, Steering problems. #1  

redneck

I had a small leak on the steering cylinder, dealer fixed it. Now i cant control the steering, if i make a turn the wheels straigten out. Called dealer back and he said it was probably air in the lines. Has anyone else had any prob. with this sort of thing,??????

/ BX2200, Steering problems. #2  
redneck,

i never had any problem like that with either my b7500 or my bx2200, i would think that you have a very dangerous situation if in fact you can't steer your tractor. i would get your dealer on the phone and ask for assistance right away.

kevin

/ BX2200, Steering problems. #3  
i think u have a very dangerous condition , i would call the dealer post haste and inform him agin of the problem, i probably would also mention that u are calling because u have a problem controling the tractor and u would hate for him to be liable as he just serviced it for a leak. bet that will get him out there quick! can't beleive he told u it was probably air in the system. they should have taken care of that when they fixed the leak.

/ BX2200, Steering problems. #4  
Hello, I'm glad you posted this because I have the same thing on my BX2200D. I first noticed it last fall when traveling a long straight dirt road. The tractor wandered one way or the other and when the steering wheel was turned, the front wheels would not respond -- SOMETIMES. Intermittent problem, the worst kind to diagnose. Well, sometimes this would happen and you could turn the wheel almost a FULL turn and just nothing would happen! Very scary. Now, I never noticed this cutting grass (my primary use) but only when traveling straight long distance on a smooth surface when the wheel is hardly being moved at all. Why not taken to dealer before now? Bad news, my local dealership went belly up. But the closest one, about 40 miles away authorized a local mechanic to do some of their field work and he has the tractor at this moment. Right off the bat he suspects air in the lines. I am not worried in the slightest. I love Kubota. Film at eleven . . .

Hope anyone else who has experienced this will post.

/ BX2200, Steering problems.
My dealer said he was pretty sure it was air in the cylinder, but said he wasnt sure how too get it out. He's goin to send his mech. out when he fig. out how to correct it. I didnt have any problems with the steering till they took it apart to put a seal in it. I think they will get it fixed . my dealer is over an hour drive, so its a hassle to travel that far, glad there sending him to me,,,,

/ BX2200, Steering problems. #6  
For what its worth, my B2910 manual says when changing the Hydro fluid section.........

IMPORTANT:
-If the 3-point hitch can not be raised by setting the hydraulic control lever to the UP position after long term storage or when changing the transmission oil. Turn the steering wheel to the right and left several times to bleed air from the system.

-Do not operate the tractor immediately after changing the transmission fluid or cleaning transmission strainer.

(so I looked at it for a while)

So for my tractor you turn the wheel to bleed air.

Rover

/ BX2200, Steering problems. #7  
Sure sounds like air in the lines. The air will compress while the fluid won't. That's what makes the erratic performance.

/ BX2200, Steering problems. #8  
kubota does have a technical service bulletin for a steering problem on bx 2200. they will replace the steering rack. ask your dealer about this.

/ BX2200, Steering problems. #9  
Just a point, there is no rack on the BX's. There is no mechanical linkage, it is completely hydraulic, so there is only the steering cylinder.

Air will cause the problem, but a few times from stop to stop on the steering should bleed it.

paul

/ BX2200, Steering problems.
Yea . i tried the steering wheel turning thing,,,,didnt help. Mechanic came out today and checked it out, said it wasnt air. He took it with him , back to the shop. Hope it doesn't take to long , i have alot of work to do.