Urgent advice needed!

/ Urgent advice needed! #1  

stevewilli

I have just been using my bx and went to turn off the ignition and withdrew the key, trouble is engine's still running! What's the best way to stop the engine assuming the ignition barrel is broken? Is there any easy way that will allow me to restart it to take it in to the dealer?
Thanks

/ Urgent advice needed! #2  
I have just been using my bx and went to turn off the ignition and withdrew the key, trouble is engine's still running! What's the best way to stop the engine assuming the ignition barrel is broken? Is there any easy way that will allow me to restart it to take it in to the dealer?
Thanks

Open the hood and move the stop lever by hand, be careful of any moving parts. Then check your fuses and stop solenoid.

/ Urgent advice needed! #5  
Thanks

There's probably a better way but if you have to do it quickly you can start pulling fuses til it stops. I don't think this can damage anything.

/ Urgent advice needed! #7  
Check to make sure the main fuse is still fully seated in its holder before you replace the solenoid. I had the same thing happen a while back and it was only a loose fuse. A few minutes and little electrical tape was all it took to ensure that it wouldn't happen again.

/ Urgent advice needed! #8  
Hey there...

I'm not sure if the BX has a seat safety switch or not.. but if it does lift up off the seat and tap the HST pedal--

well, I guess that assumes you have HST..

just a thought...

Later,
J

/ Urgent advice needed! #9  
Thanks

Icouldnt see what your tractor is,but my bx did the same thing a while back.The fuse blew to the tractor shutoff-you need power there for it to shut it down.Kubota has the shutoff fuse and the accesory wiring [under the seat] wired to the same fuse.So i overloaded it with lights and it blew,and my tractor wouldnt shut off.Hope it helps
ALAN

/ Urgent advice needed! #10  
consider replacing the fuse with a resetting circuit breaker?