Should Bucket Stay Up?

/ Should Bucket Stay Up? #1  

frogblossum

Tractor
Kubota L3400 HST-F
When I turn off my tractor and leave it overnight with the bucket raised, shouldn't it stay put? When I come back in the morning, it's on the ground.

I know it's safer on the ground, I'm just wondering if that's normal.

Thanks!

Ellen

Kubota L3400 HST

/ Should Bucket Stay Up? #2  
Yes, this is normal. Hydraulics will leak down.

/ Should Bucket Stay Up? #3  
Perfectly normal....... some leak down faster than others. I do recommend parking with the bucket on the ground though.

/ Should Bucket Stay Up? #4  
Ditto on the normal. Very few hydraulic valves have seals on the spools. The oil provides lube for the sliding fit valves. It's normal for valves to leak down. The older they get, the faster they leak. But you may want to test your cylinders. A cylinder piston seal leak means a loss of lift power.

/ Should Bucket Stay Up? #5  
When I turn off my tractor and leave it overnight with the bucket raised, shouldn't it stay put? When I come back in the morning, it's on the ground.

I know it's safer on the ground, I'm just wondering if that's normal.

Thanks!

Ellen

Kubota L3400 HST
Why do you leave the bucket up?

/ Should Bucket Stay Up? #6  
Why do you leave the bucket up?

I completely agree.

My wife & I live alone, but I always ground the bucket for safety. My neighbor who has grandkids around all the time leaves his up. I have mentioned the safety issue, but old habits are hard to break. I just hope there isn't a tragedy.

/ Should Bucket Stay Up? #7  
I agree, always let the bucket down and the relieve the hydraulics after you shut the tractor off. Even the three point hitch to. I don't see any reason to leave a loader up in the air over night.

/ Should Bucket Stay Up? #8  
I completely agree.

My wife & I live alone, but I always ground the bucket for safety. My neighbor who has grandkids around all the time leaves his up. I have mentioned the safety issue, but old habits are hard to break. I just hope there isn't a tragedy.
I don't know if my bucket leaks down or not.
Never left it up to see.

/ Should Bucket Stay Up? #9  
I park mine like this when it is really cold so I can get another car in. It does eventually go down but a lot slower without the brush fork on. Even with it on it took about 10 days. My kids loved watching it get closer and closer to the ATV.

Attachments

• IMG_0892.JPG
    IMG_0892.JPG
    437.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0890.JPG
    IMG_0890.JPG
    480.7 KB · Views: 95
   / Should Bucket Stay Up?
Oh, I don't leave the bucket up. That's just another accident waiting for a place to happen (esp with kids around). I've just noticed other people with their tractor parked out in the pasture with the bucket up for days. Example: This Christmas was a JD with the bucket up, reindeer attached and a Santa sitting in the seat waving at the cars going by:p