Bucket won't go down

/ Bucket won't go down #1  

rpraymond

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430HSTC, Kubota B2320 w/FEL, Allis-Chalmers D10
The loader valve worked fine the other day on my B7300 with a 271 loader. Today after raising it a foot or so to move the tractor the bucket won't lower. The joystick won't move forward into the lowering position. All other directions are fine but when moving it forward it feels solid. Any thoughts on what to check when I get to look at it?
Thanks

/ Bucket won't go down #2  
Look for a mechanical bind in the loader valve linkages --- I assume that you have the "joystick" valve??

/ Bucket won't go down #3  
my does the same thing sometimes when it is really cold. i have read a few posts on here where other guys loaders did the same thing in cold weather. it is from moisture freezing up in the control. i usually just wait a day or two and it usually thaws. if you take a blow dryer and blow warm air around the control valve i bet it will let you lower it. i bet that this is your problem....

/ Bucket won't go down #4  
Sounds like you have moisture frozen under the cap on your loader valve. You will want to get it somewhere where it will thaw, then you have a choice of drilling a small hole in the cap to drain the moisture ON the valve (if you are brave).......... or remove the cap and its contents and drill the hole OFF the valve (if you are REALLY brave).

/ Bucket won't go down #5  
I think if your "bucket" won't go down, the instructions say after 4 hours , see a doctor!!:D:D

Sorry, couldn't resist!:D
Deano

/ Bucket won't go down
I won't be using it until this coming weekend and the temps are supposed to be going up into the thirties. If the problem is ice it should thaw by then.
Thanks for the responses.

/ Bucket won't go down #8  
I'm not sure about your loader valve, but the L3540 has a mechanical interlock which sometimes partially engages and cuts operation of one function. only happened 3-4 times and pretty easy to figure out-hopefully yours is an easy solution.

/ Bucket won't go down #9  
I think if your "bucket" won't go down, the instructions say after 4 hours , see a doctor!!:D:D

Deano

Yea, I heard about those instructions and thought about it a little bit. So seriously, if my bucket wouldn't go down after four hours I don't think I'd be calling a doctor until after I called all of my friends to brag first.

Looks like the original poster thinks like I do.......

/ Bucket won't go down #10  

Deano

That's tooooo funny......I don't care who you are:D:D:D:D

Swmpbgy1