Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L3430HSTC, Kubota B2320 w/FEL, Allis-Chalmers D10

Default Bucket won't go down

The loader valve worked fine the other day on my B7300 with a 271 loader. Today after raising it a foot or so to move the tractor the bucket won't lower. The joystick won't move forward into the lowering position. All other directions are fine but when moving it forward it feels solid. Any thoughts on what to check when I get to look at it?
    Thanks
    Kubota L3430HSTC w/72" front mounted snowblower, Kubota B2320 w/FEL, Allis-Chalmers D10, 60" Bush Hog, 3pt. woodsplitter, Goosen 3pt. chipper/shredder, Woods rototiller, Landpride GS1548 grading scraper.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS R3039H, JD 345

Default Re: Bucket won't go down

Look for a mechanical bind in the loader valve linkages --- I assume that you have the "joystick" valve??

Bronze Member

my does the same thing sometimes when it is really cold. i have read a few posts on here where other guys loaders did the same thing in cold weather. it is from moisture freezing up in the control. i usually just wait a day or two and it usually thaws. if you take a blow dryer and blow warm air around the control valve i bet it will let you lower it. i bet that this is your problem....

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Sounds like you have moisture frozen under the cap on your loader valve. You will want to get it somewhere where it will thaw, then you have a choice of drilling a small hole in the cap to drain the moisture ON the valve (if you are brave).......... or remove the cap and its contents and drill the hole OFF the valve (if you are REALLY brave).

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

I think if your "bucket" won't go down, the instructions say after 4 hours , see a doctor!!

Sorry, couldn't resist!
    Deano
    Deano
    2006 BX24, 6' New Implements rake, Woods RB60 rear blade, Wallenstein thumb, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, home made front skid plate, W.R. Long flat tooth bar, 4' finishing mower (TPH), 4' box blade, post hole digger, New style seat!!!!! Country Manufacturing manure spreader, Agri-Fab drop spreader.

Tractor
    Kubota L3430HSTC, Kubota B2320 w/FEL, Allis-Chalmers D10

I won't be using it until this coming weekend and the temps are supposed to be going up into the thirties. If the problem is ice it should thaw by then.
    Thanks for the responses.
    Kubota L3430HSTC w/72" front mounted snowblower, Kubota B2320 w/FEL, Allis-Chalmers D10, 60" Bush Hog, 3pt. woodsplitter, Goosen 3pt. chipper/shredder, Woods rototiller, Landpride GS1548 grading scraper.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    I think if your "bucket" won't go down, the instructions say after 4 hours , see a doctor!!

Sorry, couldn't resist!
    Deano
    Made my night! LOL

Bronze Member

I'm not sure about your loader valve, but the L3540 has a mechanical interlock which sometimes partially engages and cuts operation of one function. only happened 3-4 times and pretty easy to figure out-hopefully yours is an easy solution.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660, Kubota RTV400ci

Sorry, couldn't resist!
    Deano
    Yea, I heard about those instructions and thought about it a little bit. So seriously, if my bucket wouldn't go down after four hours I don't think I'd be calling a doctor until after I called all of my friends to brag first.

Looks like the original poster thinks like I do.......
    Tim,

Kubota BX2660
    Kubota RTV400ci

Silver Member
    Tractor
    B3030 - It's for SOLD!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist!
    Deano

That's tooooo funny......I don't care who you are

Swmpbgy1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast