BX24 Clattering Noise at 2100 RPM's

/ BX24 Clattering Noise at 2100 RPM's #1  

thavil

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
I waited a month to post this question because I really didn't know how to describe my issue. Each time I leave my throttle running at 2100 RPM's, I hear a fairly loud clattering noise coming from the engine area. The clattering description is the best I can come up with, it also sorta sounds like a loud squeak. If I slow or raise the RPM's, the noise goes away. Anybody else heard this type of sound before or anyone have an idea what I can check? Thanks to any responses I receive.

/ BX24 Clattering Noise at 2100 RPM's #2  
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

/ BX24 Clattering Noise at 2100 RPM's #3  
it is deffinetly coming from the engin bay. I opened the hood and took a look around and couldnt find anything. i was going to go my dealer but i really dont feel like getting ripped off again.

/ BX24 Clattering Noise at 2100 RPM's
Not that I wish this upon anyone else but I'm glad someone else has this issue also and that I'm not going crazy. I guess I will call my dealer and see what he says since I am still under warranty. For now, I will make sure that I don't run at 2100 RPM's.

/ BX24 Clattering Noise at 2100 RPM's #5  
i called my dealer today around lunch time and they have not heard this new problem other than mine so it looks like the bx will have to go to the dealer to get checked out.

/ BX24 Clattering Noise at 2100 RPM's #7  
Might try getting it to the rpm to make the noise then use a large screwdriver as a stethoscope to try and pinpoint where the noise is coming from, might let you confirm or eliminate lower crankcase area, etc. (A regular mech stethoscope should not be very expensive at a auto parts store like NAPA etc. I just bought another one after neighboor borrowed mine looking for source of squeek under hood on his truck and lost it.) Be very careful of moving belts, alternator etc. Also might try a small hammer along exhaust line, brackets, etc with engine off listening for something that gives a different clunk sound, = loose or broken. Just a suggestion, used the large screwdriver a lot during 20+ years as service manager FoMoco stores.

/ BX24 Clattering Noise at 2100 RPM's #8  
well this noise came out of the blue. i forgot about the screwdriver trick i made a video and i am trying rite now to load it on my comp.

/ BX24 Clattering Noise at 2100 RPM's
Thanks amigauser, that's a great explaination of what it probably is.

d1king, I'll give this a shot. I've got the right size "stethoscope" to use. Normally use it to screw in large eye screws for fence gate chains.

/ BX24 Clattering Noise at 2100 RPM's #10  
Thavil, if its as cold there as it is here (5 above) best warm up that screw driver before putting large end into ear least you wind up like the boy that licked the lamp ost with his tongue