Grading Rear Blade Sizing

/ Rear Blade Sizing #1  

JonLeonard

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2410
While buying my new B2410 today, I decided to get a rear blade. The dealer carrier Woods, LandPride, BushHog and FarmKing (I think).

I wanted a blade that could tilt and offset. After looking at them, it became appearent you had to get a pretty expensive one to get the features.

On the cheaper models that would offset, you had to remove 4 bolts, manually slide the blade across the ground, align with another set of bolt holes and put the 4 bolts back in. The salesman said, and I agreed, that this "feature" would go unused.

So then he showed me a 6' blade that would tilt and offet by taking some pins out, but they were BIG.

I eventually settled on a Bush Hog brand 70-06, the thing looks like I could move a mountain with it. The owner of the dealership assured me the 2410 could handle it, and that the weight was actually good as it makes the blade more effective.

I was hoping to come away spending about $400, but $650 was what the features I wanted, in a usable format, costs.

So Im looking for opinions, did I make a good choice?

Jon

/ Rear Blade Sizing #2  
I recently looked at Leinbach rear blades. They may not have all the fancy features you spoke of, but is very rugged and will fit your budget. I would think your tractor will handle a 6Ft. blade very easily. I priced one out locally for $265.00 plus tax

/ Rear Blade Sizing #3  
You bought a really nice rear blade the 70 series in the bush hog line is definately first rate, should never have to be replaced no matter how much you should use it.
I'll let the more experienced posters reply on the match up of the B2410 and the 6' blade, as my knowledge with kubotas is limited to the 5450 that I have. Tim

/ Rear Blade Sizing
I just checked the Bush Hog site and found out that the blade weighs 510 pounds. The 2410 is speced to be able to lift 1300 points @ 24" beyond the lift point. So, I wouldnt think it would be any trouble to lift the blade.

Might need to add front weights though?

Jon

/ Rear Blade Sizing #5  
gb4.JPG

tg_scraper5.gif

rb3584.jpg

70-06.gif

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=jdown&Number=62349&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post62349>Frontier Rear Blade...</A>

Hi Jon,

I think you made an excellent excellent choice. With that 5/16 th’s moldboard, that other manufacturers have rated upwards of 100 hp usage… that blade should outlast your tractor and any hard work you can muster up… /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

As you can see from above… that blade (& it’s variations) is offered by many people… /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG