LA243 FEL Bucket Level Rod Design

/ LA243 FEL Bucket Level Rod Design #1  

Usta

Gold Member
Tractor
2008 Kubota BX2660
I designed and built my own bucket level rod for my Kubota BX2660 FEL and would like your comments. See attached PDF file. I did a lot of testing and experimenting with this design and thought that others could use my design.

Design Features:
Small and compact design matches proportionally to the rest of the tractor.
Short rod length places the indicator in front of the headlights for night time work, and at a comfortable viewing height.
Indicator window allows for fine tuning of bucket downward angle.
Set screw allows for adjusting indicator for use with other attachments.

I have detailed plans in Autocad format also if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• KubotaBucketRod-11x17.pdf
    502.2 KB · Views: 415
   / LA243 FEL Bucket Level Rod Design #2  
Very nice!

I like the ability to quickly adjust for other attachments.

Thanks for taking the time to prepare such a detailed post.

Regards
Sherweld

/ LA243 FEL Bucket Level Rod Design #3  
Thanks for the great plans. I've been thinking about a level indicator for my BX2660. This sure will be a bunch easier without the usual trial and error. Keep up the good work.

By the way, how do you like your toothbar?

/ LA243 FEL Bucket Level Rod Design
By the way, how do you like your toothbar?

I just received the Toothbar a few weeks ago, and being in the snow belt, I have not used it yet. I am very impressed with the quality and fit though.

On the Level Indicator, The 3/8" rod fits very snug in the tubing, so I ran the bar across the bench grinder a bit to loosen the fit. The rougher and no longer perfectly round bar should also hold the grease better.

/ LA243 FEL Bucket Level Rod Design #5  
Great job and I love the detail from the CAD system. That's a great system isn't it. It (The leveling rod) looks just like the one that came with my 1983 B7100D except it didn't have an adjustment on it. I just took a black Marks-A-Lot and marked the rod for the different angles that I used. Again your drawings are excellent and easy to understand.
The Gotcha Man