Chains Front tire chains

/ Front tire chains #1  

PA-Woodchuck

Tractor
2008 BX2350 FEL
I have rear wheel weights and tires chains on the rear of my 2350BX and use the FEL for snow removal. Does well except when I get into some ice on my paved driveway... and wondering what type of traction improvement if I added front chains?

thanks

/ Front tire chains #2  
Anytime you add chains you are going to improve your traction. There are lots of styles to choose from. With a paved driveway I wouldn't get too aggressive. Just make sure whatever style you choose the don't get lost down in the tire tread.

I've got a set of v-bar for the fronts that I've been too lazy to put on. I should though as I've spun these R4's more in 12 hours than I spun my old R1's in 12 years..........maybe I'll get ambitious tomorrow and get the fronts chained up.

Sincerely, Dirt

/ Front tire chains #3  
On my B7100 front chains make a world of difference. Especially when lifting the bucket transfers the weight to the front axle. Last year I had the backhoe on all winter, lots of weight on the rear so not as necessary to run front chains. This winter with the snowblower on the back (probably 700 lbs less on back) the added traction of chains on the front axle is more important. I have a very icey, very steep driveway. I have said it many times " You can't go wrong if you chain down all four wheels".

/ Front tire chains
My front tire size is 18 x 8.50 x 10. I have an old set of seldom used auto chains, can someone measure the length of your cross links? I maybe able to cut them down?

TIA

/ Front tire chains #5  
Do tire chains tear up asphalt driveways. I am think about getting a set after all the ice that we got. I never used any chains before and don't know how hard they are on a asphalt surface.

/ Front tire chains #6  
drive on the driveway they mark the driveway yes
spinning them they dig into the driveway
spinning them on the ice no they do not mark the driveway
sorry i don't now anything thing that will get good traction on ice and leave no marks. look on the road way , there is a trade off more traction, more marks. just my two cents.

/ Front tire chains #7  
I thought you couldnt put tire chains on the front tires. When I bought my Bx 2350 my dealer said no chains on the front tires just the back. I dont know why thats just what they said.

/ Front tire chains #8  
I thought you couldnt put tire chains on the front tires. When I bought my Bx 2350 my dealer said no chains on the front tires just the back. I dont know why thats just what they said.

All I have ever run on both of my tractors is front chains. I plow and snow blow a half a mile long drive, up the side of a mountain, with a 3710 and a Heston 90 100. I have never needed chains on the back tires.

/ Front tire chains #9  
Front chains are a no-no.....they add more turning pressure to the front joints and gears which can cause major damage.

/ Front tire chains #10  
My front tire size is 18 x 8.50 x 10. I have an old set of seldom used auto chains, can someone measure the length of your cross links? I maybe able to cut them down?

TIA

I use an old set of auto tire chains on my front tires size 27x8.50x15. I have no idea what size car tire they came from. My father used them on his car delivering mail in winter. All I know is he had a 15" tire on the car. They fit on my tires but were a little short so I use bungee cords to hold them on. When plowing using the FEL in float mode the tractor tends to go straight. The chains do help with steering a little (better than without any). If you want better steering capability then V bar chains are the way to go. The rear ballast I use also helps a lot.