Rotary Broom for BX2350

/ Rotary Broom for BX2350 #1  

3500DIESEL

Bronze Member
Tractor
2006 Kubota BX2350 with canopy
I picked up a 2006 Kubota BX2350 this summer for $8000 had 150hours on it has a 60" MMM,3 bag bagger,front blade with hydro angle,and a canopy. I love this little tractor runs great and does everything it should with flying colors I do have a question though we have been getting a few snow falls that is real light and powdery from like a inch to 4inches would the rotary broom work for that light snow? I think it would be nice to have the broom for that instead of plowing the cinders off the driveway from the night before. Anyone have any experience with it?

/ Rotary Broom for BX2350 #2  
I picked up a 2006 Kubota BX2350 this summer for $8000 had 150hours on it has a 60" MMM,3 bag bagger,front blade with hydro angle,and a canopy. I love this little tractor runs great and does everything it should with flying colors I do have a question though we have been getting a few snow falls that is real light and powdery from like a inch to 4inches would the rotary broom work for that light snow? I think it would be nice to have the broom for that instead of plowing the cinders off the driveway from the night before. Anyone have any experience with it?
A broom would probably sweep the cinders right off the driveway.

/ Rotary Broom for BX2350
well cinders are at a unlimited amount i get them for free from the township so i guess thats not a huge deal. is the broom better for the light snow then a plow or no just stick with the plow?

LOL ive priced one on kubota.com and its around $1500 maybe i can do some dealing what do you all think or is this about right?

/ Rotary Broom for BX2350 #6  
My next door neighbor has one of those monster leaf blowers on wheels. We were thinking of attaching it to my FEL to blow small amounts of snow off the road.

here it is in snow plow mode. Dont be confused it doesnt have a Fel but its got the mounts for some reason.

Attachments

• bx2350.jpg
    bx2350.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 3,865
   / Rotary Broom for BX2350 #8  
I can't imagine that a power broom would be any better or faster than the blade for under 4 inch snow falls. If you did not already own the power angle blade I could see maybe buying the broom in its place as the broom is useful for other purposes were the blade is basically only good for pushing snow. Maybe you can trade the blade into the dealer towards the broom? You would still use the same quick hitch but you will need the mid pto kit to get power from the mid pto to the quick hitch for powering the brush along with the brush itself.

I had a blade on my previous tractor, B3030. On lighter 2 - 6 inch snow falls I could plow in high range and travel as fast as I felt was safe. On heavier snow falls I plowed in medium range and went a little slower. That is were a blower would have helped. The Kubota power angle blades work flawelessly.

Thanks ive been using the blade for the 1-4inch snow fall and it works great with out a problem. Thought that maybe the broom would be a better tool for the job but i guess not.

/ Rotary Broom for BX2350 #10  
I have a friend with a Kubota broom. He does not like it very well. He says that it spins too slow. He says the brooms that he uses on the front mount mowers spin faster and do a much better job. He advised me not to get a Kubota broom and is looking at trading his for a snowplow.