New tractor owner, B7610

/ New tractor owner, B7610 #1  

Jim Morrell

Born and raised in the great state of Maine
Tractor
Kubota B7610HSD
Hello,

Finally bought a Kubota B7610 with a FEL, front mount snowblower, MMM, and ballast box. Had a 1976 Case 580 B loader/backhoe, but Im done with the heavy work and wanted a nice smaller tractor that could still do big work when needed.
Could anyone give me the low down on this tractor anything good, bad, or anything inbetween they have come across as owners of Kubota products. Also I have seen a post on here once and havent been able to find it again about a service bulliten on the seat of the B7610... what is that all about? I have found it comfortable so far... a little slippery while snowblowing I think it would have been better with arms on it.
Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I look forward to reading and if i can help replying to the posts here on the forum.

Jim Morrell
Jay, Maine

/ New tractor owner, B7610 #2  
Jim,
Congratulations! You got a good little tractor that will bring a few smiles. I have the little brother of the 7610 and other then the seat not being too good there isn't a whole lot of bad news about them. The worst I found that things get done and I have to get off the tractor. :D Many people here replaced the seats with a new much more comfy one. I myself consider doing the same thing. It should give you many years of good service and reliable operation. Do a search here on B7610 and will find out about the few but possible issues.
ps: did you get the tractor that was advertised in Pittsfield?

/ New tractor owner, B7610 #3  
Hello,

Finally bought a Kubota B7610 with a FEL, front mount snowblower, MMM, and ballast box. Had a 1976 Case 580 B loader/backhoe, but Im done with the heavy work and wanted a nice smaller tractor that could still do big work when needed.
Could anyone give me the low down on this tractor anything good, bad, or anything inbetween they have come across as owners of Kubota products. Also I have seen a post on here once and havent been able to find it again about a service bulliten on the seat of the B7610... what is that all about? I have found it comfortable so far... a little slippery while snowblowing I think it would have been better with arms on it.
Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I look forward to reading and if i can help replying to the posts here on the forum.

Jim Morrell
Jay, Maine

Hi Jim,

Congrats on the tractor purchase. My B7610 has been very good to me. On the seat, this is a well known issue. There is a replacement seat available for the "B" series. My dealer swapped mine out for free (ref. Kubota technical service bulletin # PIB-2007-027). Also, I would highly recommend swapping out lower 3 pt control arms to telescoping style w/ parts from a B2910. You can get the parts kit from tractorhouse.com for about $130 and it is money well spent.

/ New tractor owner, B7610
Hello easygo,

Yes this is the tractor that was up in Pittsfield. It was originally purchased up the road from me at the Osgood dealership and now its made its way home lol. I went up and looked at it, the tractor and attatchments Ive wanted for several years now, and then had to make the decission to buy it. I surely dont regret it so far, and the 4 wheel drive while snowblowing ....very nice... no more getting stuck with the Crapsman!
Where about in Maine are you anyway, hope to hear from you again here.

Jim

Last edited:
   / New tractor owner, B7610
Hello peterc38,

Thank you, I hope this one will be good to me for years to come. So what did they change with the new seat, how is it different. And thanks for the tip on the control arms it sure does sound like a great headache solution for only $130.
So where are you in Maine.... its great to know others around with the same machine, to chat with ask questions and keep the dealers straight lol.

Jim

/ New tractor owner, B7610 #6  
Jim,
I'm near Bangor in a little town that does not even merit orange in the DeLorme map.
The seat upgrade is a new design seat that is a lot more comfortable. I have been using mine with the old seat for almost two years now and it is OK. I went to a dealer just to sit in the new style seat recently and it is a lot better. It is on my X-mas wish list.

Have fun and will see you here.

/ New tractor owner, B7610 #7  
The old style seat on the 7610 has a noticeable slight tilt forward to them. I always felt like I was sliding off of the seat when I had the old style on my machine. The dealer swapped it out for the redesigned seat which is perfect, a great fit, and allows your backside to stay planted in the seat. After using the tractor for a while, if you notice that you are constantly sliding down the seat and having to push yourself back up, its probably a clue that you have the old style. I've owned mine for about 2 1/2 years and overall am very happy, but have one issue with a squealing noise that seems to be coming from either the u-joint or a bushing to the drive axle that goes from the transmission to the front axle. My drivetrain warranty expires in Oct. so I am probably going to have the dealer have a look soon. Others on TBN have reported the same issue and I am not sure what their solution to the problem has been. Hopefully, this problem will not find it's way to your tractor. Congratulations on your new tractor.

/ New tractor owner, B7610 #8  
Welcome botagreen

From the coast of Maine here and also have the 7610...2 years old and love it..You will be amazed on what it will be able to do...

/ New tractor owner, B7610 #9  
The new seat is great! The old seat is like sitting on a half inflated beach ball:)
The B7610 was 2nd place on my list! Its a nice sized tractor! Your going to like it. :)

/ New tractor owner, B7610 #10  
I have had mi B7610 for just about 3 years. It has performed flawlessly. I put a 7.5' fisher plow on it and it pushes snow like a little tank. Smartest money I have ever spent.

Enjoy it,

Tim