Oil & Fuel BX24 might want to check the fuel lines.....

/ BX24 might want to check the fuel lines..... #1  

fred98050

Tractor
BX24
This morning I noticed a strong diesel smell as I was operating the BX. I stopped and checked to see where this was coming from....

Underneath the tractor, forward of the fuel pump, one of the fuel lines (the smallest 3/16) was leaking. Turn out, after further investigation, that the rubber boot of the front axle had come loose and move forward about 6 inches, the boot was rubbing against the fuel line and eventually ruptured it.

It was an easy fix and I moved the fuel lines out of the way with quick ties.

Just wanted to pass this along. You might want to check and make sure the front axle boot is securely in place in order to avoid some down time.....

Fred

/ BX24 might want to check the fuel lines..... #2  
got pics ? I'll check mine this weekend to make sure everything looks good. thanks for the tip

/ BX24 might want to check the fuel lines.....
I am going to take some pictures tonight and post them ASAP.

Fred

/ BX24 might want to check the fuel lines..... #4  
Last time I opened the barn to use my BX there was a strong smell of Diesel... I found the same small rubber fuel line stretched and leaking where it went around a bracket...

I found a picture on this forum that shows where the fuel lines are located (factory) in regards to the rubber boot. You can see that if the boot moves forwards it will eventually rub against the line...

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/133750-bx-24-kubota-4.html

And here are the pics I took after my quick fix, still need to work on a proper repair..... And a picture of the damaged fuel line....

Hope this help.

Fred

Attachments

• P2054404.jpg
    P2054404.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 158
  • P2054406.jpg
    P2054406.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 129
  • P2054407.jpg
    P2054407.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 154
  • P2054410.JPG
    P2054410.JPG
    991.9 KB · Views: 130
Sorry, keep saying "boot moves forwards" but in fact is "aft"....

/ BX24 might want to check the fuel lines..... #7  
...Turn out, after further investigation, that the rubber boot of the front axle had come loose and move forward about 6 inches...
Fred

I think you mean the boot of the drive shaft, right? I looks like the fan belt on those pics.

In any case, thanks for the info fred!!! I'll do a PM strike on mine ASAP by slapping a little RTV silicone between the boot and shaft.

I think you mean the boot of the drive shaft, right? I looks like the fan belt on those pics.

In any case, thanks for the info fred!!! I'll do a PM strike on mine ASAP by slapping a little RTV silicone between the boot and shaft.

You are right, this is what I meant.

I don't know why the boot came off in the first place, never did anything unusual, just moving dirt around...

Fred