Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #1  

digdug1

Tractor
Kubota L3240
Hello, it is time for my 50 hour service. Has anyone here changed from Kubota SUDT to Kubota UDT and noticed a change in performance (HST transmission)? I have searched here but did not find anyone with personal experience. I live in Austin Texas where winters are mild and temps rarely get below freezing. Summers are really hot. I have a 3240 HST with 724 loader. My manual states the tractor comes from the factory with SUDT. It performs very well. I was hoping to use regular UDT fluid to save some money. I just paid $120 for 3 oil filters:eek:.

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #2  
I would think there's a reason it comes with SUDT from the factory and consider it cheap insurance. Especially if there's a warranty issue that they try to blame on using udt versus sudt.

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #3  
Hello, it is time for my 50 hour service. Has anyone here changed from Kubota SUDT to Kubota UDT and noticed a change in performance (HST transmission)? I have searched here but did not find anyone with personal experience. I live in Austin Texas where winters are mild and temps rarely get below freezing. Summers are really hot. I have a 3240 HST with 724 loader. My manual states the tractor comes from the factory with SUDT. It performs very well. I was hoping to use regular UDT fluid to save some money. I just paid $120 for 3 oil filters:eek:.

I have heard that you may hear more whine with UDT. The UDT meets the Warranty requirements.I talked to my parts dealer in WV he reccomends the UDT over the SUDT in our area. the SUDT is not a synthetic as some belive. According to the dealer the SUDT is a little thinner in viscosity and is better suited for those who live in colder climates. With the dealers advice in mind I will probably swap the Factory SUDT for UDT when the time is up. Though I let my machine warm up when its cold even with the factory shipped SUDT. I may also search for a synthetic and compare prices.

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #4  
After considerable research, the dealers indicate that UDT will work fine in warmer climates and many use UDT. Those individuals that choose SUDT do so out of fear of warranty concerns. I switched to UDT due to cost and mild temps in the PNW.

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #5  
My dealer recomended UDT so of course I went with SUDT. I believe SUDT is a multi-viscosity (10W-30) and UDT is a single grade (SAE 30), The SUDT is supposed to work better in cold weather starts. I does not get that cold in Oklahoma but it work fine at 10ºF which is the coldest I have used the tractor .

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #6  
For what its worth, my dealer only recommends SUDT for the area I live in. He told me that I could use UDT but I would be back to replace it with SUDT after the oil filters blew appart. He claims to have seen it numerous times.

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #7  
do a search since this issue is like 6+ years old....

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #8  
I considered using Tractor Supply Store oils which they claom is the sam au UDT and even have a pREMIUM BLEND AS WELL, BUT HAVING BEEN DISAPOINTED WITH SOME OF THEIR OTHER STUFF, i SAid (sorry about the caps) now way. Cheap oil is....cheap oil. SUDT is $105 a 5G pail up here. Yikes!!!!

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT
Thanks for all the input.

Waterlogged - is your machine HST?....did you notice any changes when you switched to UDT?

/ Kubota UDT Vs. Super UDT #10  
I switched to udt last spring and I have ran my tractor in -20f this year even from complete cold and not only did I not hear any extra wine but it did not move slow or blow any filter off ether!;)