Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Fuel Consumption???

Quote Originally Posted by newtattoobob View Post
    That's exactly how I was thinking but in the back of my head I was thinking maybe the smaller engine would be better because it takes less fuel to power it but at the same time its turning 6 or 700 more rpms. I gues the next time we get an outage I will use the L3400 and keep track of the gallons used, then the next time use the BX and see where it comes out. Thanks Bob

I would bet a cold beer that you won't be able to spot the difference.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830HST

Quote Originally Posted by newtattoobob View Post
    That's exactly how I was thinking but in the back of my head I was thinking maybe the smaller engine would be better because it takes less fuel to power it but at the same time its turning 6 or 700 more rpms. I gues the next time we get an outage I will use the L3400 and keep track of the gallons used, then the next time use the BX and see where it comes out. Thanks Bob
    That was what I was thinking, do a direct comparison of the two, for equal amount of time. I know this will be a long term project, since you will have to wait 'till you go through two power outages. Or, as a test, you could hook each one up for an hour, starting with a full fuel tank, and see which one takes less to refill. Either way, please let us know the results!
    -Jim

Gold Member
    Tractor
    B7800

I own Honda for 20 yrs.Bought used works good. one pull starts if maintained and stored properly.Framer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234