Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kubota Hydraulic Fluid vs. Generic

I have a kubota M7040HDC and it's time to change the hydraulic fluid. I was wondering if there is an equivalent generic different brand of fluid I could use. The Kubota fluid is 2 times more expensive than what the local parts sells. Kubota calls for the Kubota UDT or SUDT. Any advice is appreciated.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800, 15 hp 372 Mitsubishi

Default Re: Kubota Hydraulic Fluid vs. Generic

If it says kubota UDT compatable then it is ok to use it.
    Some folks will say only use Kubota fluid only, I have used Mystik fluid for 6 years in two different Kubotas with no failures with a total of 662hrs between the both, I figure it is ok to use Mystik, Rotella or whatever Kubota compatable fluid you find locally.
    Kubota L2800HST, Mitsubishi 372, bh75, 45" Agric tiller, 5' home made disk, 42" Bush hog, PHD, 66" Cammond BB.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toddbo34 View Post
    I have a kubota M7040HDC and it's time to change the hydraulic fluid. I was wondering if there is an equivalent generic different brand of fluid I could use. The Kubota fluid is 2 times more expensive than what the local parts sells. Kubota calls for the Kubota UDT or SUDT. Any advice is appreciated.
    I have had good luck with the Hyd oil from TSC.
    My neighboor had good luck with oil from NAPA.

Booth of us HAD BAD LUCK with NAPA oil filters. It would cause the Hyd system to whine extremely loud. Replaced the filters with KUBOTa filters and the whine almost disappeared.

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

Most of the generic fluids will meet UDT spec, but I've never seen one thats meets SUDT. Some equipment does have clear benifits from SUDT, your tractor is not one of them. I'd still not use the cheapest around. New Holland 134 is alot cheaper and a very good oil.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2710

The local kubota dealer here in Nothern Colorado does not sell Kubota hydraulic fluid, they sell Case HY-HYTRAN Ultra.

Tractor
    JD 3020, JD 4230, JD 7410, JD 2440, MF 750, NH LS170

Quote Originally Posted by MessickFarmEqu View Post
    Most of the generic fluids will meet UDT spec, but I've never seen one thats meets SUDT. Some equipment does have clear benifits from SUDT, your tractor is not one of them. I'd still not use the cheapest around. New Holland 134 is alot cheaper and a very good oil.
    Not sure about others but I know TRC's UTF line meets and exceeds the SUDT spec. Of all the tractor manufacturers I think kubota does have one of the highest spec. fluid's there is. The SUDT spec. is a high one and one reason many non OEM fluids do not meet it. As many owners here can confirm just switching from a UDT spec. fluid to a SUDT spec. fluid often quiets down chatter and whine in their equipment.

Tractor
    Kubota l3400HST TLB

Valvoline Unitrac works well for me.

I've read that Valvoline makes the kubota's UDT.
    "I drink beer to make other people interesting"

Tractor
    kubota L3202DT

I'm trying to find a operators manual for a kubota tractor model: L3202DT, can anyone help?

Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

suggest you start a new thread with question in the topic...

Quote Originally Posted by vaggos View Post
    I'm trying to find a operators manual for a kubota tractor model: L3202DT, can anyone help?
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ferguson TO 20, Kubota B3300, BH77

Quote Originally Posted by MessickFarmEqu View Post
    Messick, when you wrote, your tractor is not one of them, can you elaborate on the distinction between models that do or do not need SUDT? Is it the model that determines this or age/production year?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast