Snow How to set up a L3130 for snow removal?

/ How to set up a L3130 for snow removal? #1  

denver 2

Tractor
Kubota L3130, JD GX345
Hi, I'm new to this forum so bear with me if this question was discussed recently by anyone else. I live in a neighborhood asso., with a 1/2 mile private road with twelve houses. We each have about five acres of land and about a hundres foot driveways. Currently I have been doing snow removal with my JD GX345 garden tractor with front blade. I own a Kubota with a fel and now wish to outfit it to do the snow removal instead of the little garden tractor. We get on average about 3 snow falls a year rangeing from 4 to 10 inches. A snowblower I think would be overkill, but a front blade might be a good investment. Perhaps all I need is a rear blade, what do you guys think?

/ How to set up a L3130 for snow removal? #2  
Front blade/Snowblower/Rear blade each have there Pros & Cons,than there old man winter mix bag...snow difting,heavy wet snow etc.
I've rear blade but found out to much backing up also harder on body neck.
18 years+ w/front plow found out I can scoot right along and do much better job,but must keep snow banks push back.

Take look around at those plow snow often,what are there setups than go w/your gut feeling.

/ How to set up a L3130 for snow removal? #3  
I have a similar situation but also very steep grade on the road. I started out using the FEL and 7' rear blade on my B3030. It worked well driving forward but was a pain always having to look back. I was able to get a quick hitch and 6' front blade. After using both front and rear blades, the front blade is by far much easer to use. I also configured the tractor with loaded R4's, wheel spacers and Vbar chains on all 4 wheels. So far this has been a great set up for the heavy snow and ice we have had this winter. Hope this helps.

/ How to set up a L3130 for snow removal? #4  
I have a power angle plow for mine and it works flawlessly,,. Plow, and stack high if needed,

Attachments

• Image007rs2.jpg
    Image007rs2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 433
   / How to set up a L3130 for snow removal? #5  
you need three things and you will be golden..

cab 1700
sweeper for snow under 3 inches (leaves dry pavement) 3k
blower for snows over 3 inches, then toss the sweeper on and clean up! 4k

you could get chains, and load tires if you feel the need...

/ How to set up a L3130 for snow removal? #6  
you need three things and you will be golden..

cab 1700
sweeper for snow under 3 inches (leaves dry pavement) 3k
blower for snows over 3 inches, then toss the sweeper on and clean up! 4k

you could get chains, and load tires if you feel the need...

That would be a nice setup where I live with 200+ inches a year, but if I lived in Cincinnati ( and I did for two years while working on a college degree), I would just use the front end loader and not spend anymore money. Here is a picture of my winter rig:
Left-front-Kubota-driveway.jpg

/ How to set up a L3130 for snow removal?
You guys have some sweet setups. 200 inches of snow, wow! I have been looking at skidsteer type snow blades with hydraulics on ebay for about 1,500bucks and sounds okay, but on my L3130 I have no place to hook up the hydraulic or controls to move the blade. Can a kubota dealer set me up with something to accomodate this arrangement? I do own a skidsteer, but it is generally on the job and it has metal tracks which would be a pain to remove and put back on.

/ How to set up a L3130 for snow removal? #8  
Sure they can. Its just a matter of how much you want to spend.

/ How to set up a L3130 for snow removal? #9  
The questions was " how do I set up my 3130 for snow" not how to set up for a certain dollar amount.

now I agree that Mi gets more snow then Oh, but personally I like to be prepared and comfortable. There is nothing like dredding to go out and clear the drive at 2am in frigid weather.

For my drive I actually set my wife up with a bobcat toolcat. she has an ice scraper, sweeper, plow, and blower. then on the back is a full hydro Vbox salt spreader, and a couple of pallets of treated salt. This way she has all the tools she need when I am not here.

Mind you we get a bad snow only once every 7 years or so...but she is ready! also our drives are about 1/2 mile long with over 80ft of vertical twice on both of them!

/ How to set up a L3130 for snow removal? #10  
For my drive I actually set my wife up with a bobcat toolcat. she has an ice scraper, sweeper, plow, and blower. then on the back is a full hydro Vbox salt spreader, and a couple of pallets of treated salt. This way she has all the tools she need when I am not here.

Your wife?? Jeez, even if I had the money, if I bought my wife something to clear the driveway of snow, I'd probably wake up in traction (she's from Florida, and despises these New England winters...)