Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130, JD GX345

Default How to set up a L3130 for snow removal?

Hi, I'm new to this forum so bear with me if this question was discussed recently by anyone else. I live in a neighborhood asso., with a 1/2 mile private road with twelve houses. We each have about five acres of land and about a hundres foot driveways. Currently I have been doing snow removal with my JD GX345 garden tractor with front blade. I own a kubota with a fel and now wish to outfit it to do the snow removal instead of the little garden tractor. We get on average about 3 snow falls a year rangeing from 4 to 10 inches. A snowblower I think would be overkill, but a front blade might be a good investment. Perhaps all I need is a rear blade, what do you guys think?

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Default Re: How to set up a L3130 for snow removal?

Front blade/Snowblower/Rear blade each have there Pros & Cons,than there old man winter mix bag...snow difting,heavy wet snow etc.
    I've rear blade but found out to much backing up also harder on body neck.
    18 years+ w/front plow found out I can scoot right along and do much better job,but must keep snow banks push back.

Take look around at those plow snow often,what are there setups than go w/your gut feeling.

Tractor
    Kubota L3540 Cab

I have a similar situation but also very steep grade on the road. I started out using the FEL and 7' rear blade on my B3030. It worked well driving forward but was a pain always having to look back. I was able to get a quick hitch and 6' front blade. After using both front and rear blades, the front blade is by far much easer to use. I also configured the tractor with loaded R4's, wheel spacers and Vbar chains on all 4 wheels. So far this has been a great set up for the heavy snow and ice we have had this winter. Hope this helps.

LarryRB

I have a power angle plow for mine and it works flawlessly,,. Plow, and stack high if needed,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Member
    Tractor
    kubota 2910

you need three things and you will be golden..

cab 1700
    sweeper for snow under 3 inches (leaves dry pavement) 3k
    blower for snows over 3 inches, then toss the sweeper on and clean up! 4k

you could get chains, and load tires if you feel the need...
    toys....
    kubota B2910 with cab N heat
    Bobcat S205 hiflow cab heat n AC!
    Bobcat Toolcat 5600 can heat n AC!
    JCB 214S cab N heat
    a couple of trucks N'
    Lots of attachements to play with!

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Quote Originally Posted by salopez View Post
    you need three things and you will be golden..

cab 1700
    sweeper for snow under 3 inches (leaves dry pavement) 3k
    blower for snows over 3 inches, then toss the sweeper on and clean up! 4k

you could get chains, and load tires if you feel the need...
    That would be a nice setup where I live with 200+ inches a year, but if I lived in Cincinnati ( and I did for two years while working on a college degree), I would just use the front end loader and not spend anymore money. Here is a picture of my winter rig:

Tractor
    Kubota L3130, JD GX345

You guys have some sweet setups. 200 inches of snow, wow! I have been looking at skidsteer type snow blades with hydraulics on ebay for about 1,500bucks and sounds okay, but on my L3130 I have no place to hook up the hydraulic or controls to move the blade. Can a kubota dealer set me up with something to accomodate this arrangement? I do own a skidsteer, but it is generally on the job and it has metal tracks which would be a pain to remove and put back on.

Tractor
    Kubota L3540 Cab

Sure they can. Its just a matter of how much you want to spend.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    kubota 2910

The questions was " how do I set up my 3130 for snow" not how to set up for a certain dollar amount.

now I agree that Mi gets more snow then Oh, but personally I like to be prepared and comfortable. There is nothing like dredding to go out and clear the drive at 2am in frigid weather.

For my drive I actually set my wife up with a bobcat toolcat. she has an ice scraper, sweeper, plow, and blower. then on the back is a full hydro Vbox salt spreader, and a couple of pallets of treated salt. This way she has all the tools she need when I am not here.

Mind you we get a bad snow only once every 7 years or so...but she is ready! also our drives are about 1/2 mile long with over 80ft of vertical twice on both of them!
    toys....
    kubota B2910 with cab N heat
    Bobcat S205 hiflow cab heat n AC!
    Bobcat Toolcat 5600 can heat n AC!
    JCB 214S cab N heat
    a couple of trucks N'
    Lots of attachements to play with!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX23

Quote Originally Posted by salopez View Post
    For my drive I actually set my wife up with a bobcat toolcat. she has an ice scraper, sweeper, plow, and blower. then on the back is a full hydro Vbox salt spreader, and a couple of pallets of treated salt. This way she has all the tools she need when I am not here.
    Your wife?? Jeez, even if I had the money, if I bought my wife something to clear the driveway of snow, I'd probably wake up in traction (she's from Florida, and despises these New England winters...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast