Grading Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on.

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #1  

Firefighter Kubota

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7510
If you've read my " Hauling the bota" post you know I trailer my bota regularly. That being said, it often easier to pull the trilaier out or park it when I'm done with the tractor.

Problem is, I have my grader blade on the 3 pt, and bucket up front.

I have a 3 pt 2" receiver mount but don't feel like swapping the balde and hitch each time, I have a bucket clamp for my ball but you can't see the ball to hook up and there is a lot of stress on the bucket, not to mention the bounce in the FEL with the trailer weight on it.

I actually used the top of the blade pin, as a temporary ball but quickly bent it...

I then bought a ball and just dropped it in the rear blade but knowing that it 's loose it'll wiggle alot , I'll lose it and need to remove it when I angle the blade.

So I now have the first rear grader blade / 2" trailer ball.

Works great, and I won't lose it.:rolleyes:

And if you haven't figured out yet, I bought a welder and now need to weld EVERYthing:D

Attachments

• Picture 087.jpg
    Picture 087.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 676
  • Picture 088.jpg
    Picture 088.jpg
    814.5 KB · Views: 605
   / Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #2  
Just be careful on tight turns. I have a similar ball hitch on my blade and I was pulling a rented chipper and bent the heck out of the tongue jack on a tight corner.

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #3  
No offense (because I suck at welding), but how much do you trust that weld? I wouldn't be pulling anything heavy up a hill with that setup, unless you really trust your welding skills.

-Steve

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on.
No offense (because I suck at welding), but how much do you trust that weld? I wouldn't be pulling anything heavy up a hill with that setup, unless you really trust your welding skills.

-Steve

Yeah, Pretty good welding. Took classes years ago, and have done a few welds here and there over the years , most good some not so good. But now that I have my own welder, Plenty of time to practice again. Like ridding a bike...

I trust that weld plenty!!! Trust me I swung a maul at it to prove a point to a buddy who was of the same thought process as you...

There is 4" of bead on that ball, Probably be metal fatigue and fracture of the ball before my weld let go.

Take a look at this pickture of my bucket with welded tabs for my plow...All season beating on it and they haven't budged.

Welding is an art.

Attachments

• Picture 068.jpg
    Picture 068.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 458
   / Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #5  
If you need to practice, maybe we could work something out.:)

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #7  
I put a 2" reciever tube on the top of my box blade because I was always wanting to move one trailer or the other.

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #8  
When you get a moment please go to Dangerous Trailers.org.

It is people like you who modify equipment that has caused since 2003 2,139 deaths, over 120,000 injuries and 6 police officer, 2 fireman and 1 FBI agent to loose their lives due to trailers just comming off hitches.

Want more??? since 1988 449,000 have been injured by passenger cars that tow these unregulated trailers.

Ask your self this question... would anybody in this forum would want to drive behind this trailer?

If not... then this set up is an accident waiting to happen.

We have 3 familes in this country that do not know who killed their loved one because the trailer came off the hitch and they did not stop.

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #9  
It is people like you who modify equipment that has caused since 2003 2,139 deaths, over 120,000 injuries and 6 police officer, 2 fireman and 1 FBI agent to loose their lives due to trailers just comming off hitches.

Ron I believe you are completely off base here. The O/P doesn't appear to be going anywhere near the road when pulling his trailer. He said in his first post this was for pulling out and parking the trailer.

Ask your self this question... would anybody in this forum would want to drive behind this trailer?

I would have no problem walking behind this trailer has he pulls it and parks it in a place so that it is out of his way.

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #10  
When you get a moment please go to Dangerous Trailers.org.

Want more??? since 1988 449,000 have been injured by passenger cars that tow these unregulated trailers.

If not... then this set up is an accident waiting to happen.

We have 3 familes in this country that do not know who killed their loved one because the trailer came off the hitch and they did not stop.

Ron, please switch to de-caf. His hitch ball is for moving his trailer in his driveway. I'm not minimizing accidents...... I just think you are confused about what the poster's intentions are.