BROKEN MECHANICAL TACH

/ BROKEN MECHANICAL TACH #1  

JOHNINMA

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B5200, L3540
Hi all, I have a B5200 and the tachometer stopped working. I traced the problem down to where the cable connects to the front of the engine (the mechanism that spins the cable isn't working) and my repair manual shows nothing on fixing it. I would appreciate any help on how to remove and repair it. Thanks everyone

/ BROKEN MECHANICAL TACH #2  
Hi all, I have a B5200 and the tachometer stopped working. I traced the problem down to where the cable connects to the front of the engine (the mechanism that spins the cable isn't working) and my repair manual shows nothing on fixing it. I would appreciate any help on how to remove and repair it. Thanks everyone

I would ask Neil Messick on the board here via private message, I am unsure if that engine has two threaded end connections for the cable or not- he will know about this for sure unless a another member with a B5200 posts a message to you regarding the tachometer shaft cable.

:)

/ BROKEN MECHANICAL TACH
Thanks for responding Leonz. I was able to remove the broken part, and discovered it does not appear to be serviceable. I plan to bring the part to my local Kubota dealer and see if they can order a new one.
Thanks again JOHNINMA