BX2660 Work light

/ BX2660 Work light #1  

Usta

Gold Member
Tractor
2008 Kubota BX2660
Thinking of putting a rear work light on my BX2660 tractor.
I checked out my tractor today and there is a wire tap made for a work light. The wire tap is on its own dedicated 20 amp fuse in the fuse box. The tap is live with the ignition switch so I want a light with a switch on it. I dont really care to install a dash switch.
Anyone know of a light with a built in switch on the light itself? It seems like years ago I remember seeing a light somewhere that had a push button switch that was covered by a weather proof rubber bulb.
Not sure how the Kubota dealer lights are configured. I will price the light from the Kubota dealer but I think their price will scare me.

/ BX2660 Work light #2  
The Kubota work light has a switch built in to the lamp. Works well and can be mounted in multiple locations. If I remember correctly the cost is about $60. Shown in picture.

Attachments

• tractor 047.jpg
    tractor 047.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,438
   / BX2660 Work light
Thanks, for $60 I will check into it. Kubota equipment is always safer if there ever is a warranty issue with wiring. I really expected twice that much. I see 55 watt halogens for $11 but did not have built in switch.

/ BX2660 Work light #4  
The light comes complete with bracket and wiring for easy hook-up. You can easily do the installation yourself.

/ BX2660 Work light #5  
I installed a total of three lights on magnets on the ROPS of my BX2660. I didn't want to go all the way to the dash for a switch either, so I installed a rubber encased toggle on the inside of the trim that surrounds the PTO controls. It is very well protected there and easy to access. This also allows these lights to work independantly of the headlights.

Sorry I don't have any pictures, but let me know if this is the way you want to go and I'll take some.

/ BX2660 Work light #6  
I'm not sure if the one I bought would work for yours, but it sure does the job and mounts up nicely.

Attachments

• 100_1574.jpg
    100_1574.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 937
   / BX2660 Work light #7  
Here's where I mounted my switch for my rear work light. I bought a cheap $8 work light from Harbor Freight - actually bought 2, one for backup. It works fine. The only thing cheap I can see about it is that it does not come with a ground lead. The metal mounting base on the light acts as the ground.

Attachments

• Rear Light toggle 1.jpg
    Rear Light toggle 1.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 397
  • Rear Light 1.jpg
    Rear Light 1.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 488
   / BX2660 Work light #8  
The Kubota work light has a switch built in to the lamp. Works well and can be mounted in multiple locations. If I remember correctly the cost is about $60. Shown in picture.

Tim, do you find that you use that storage pocket on the back of your seat?

/ BX2660 Work light #9  
Tim, do you find that you use that storage pocket on the back of your seat?

Yes, use it for work gloves and a couple of tools for the three point. It appears that it was designed for manuals or the like. Those are kept in the garage. Not too useful with out tools.

/ BX2660 Work light
I like all the options and different setups given. I like the U bold clamp and bracket setup on the ROPS.
I would prefer a switch on the light caseing making it one self containd unit that requires no extra wiring runs or modifications to the tractor. I could install a switch in a light but I can not find a weather proof switch. Looking for a push button on/off switch that has a rubber bulb cover.