Life w/ the B2620

/ Life w/ the B2620 #1  

Mzimmy

Still in the Honeymoon phase...

Popped 4 stumps out with the BH last week while the ground was thawed. Wow..I've waited 5 years to be able to do that. Whoever invented hydraulics should be sainted...

I really appreciate everyone who posts their projects and ideas on this forum. Pic#1 below is my version of the BH65 dolly...Really works slick...After working my pins out she rolls around the garage like a dream and I greased everything up liberally.

I did not get a lesson with my dealer when she was dropped off, so I am kind of learning as I go, and NOT everything is explained in the manual. I had a few minutes of dome-scratching when I went to try to install my 3-point and found out there was insufficient clearance to get the 3-point collar onto the hitch shaft because the BH frame was in the way. So...Ref Pic #2. I backed off the "stop bolt" and and lock nut on top of the hitch shaft and worked the shaft from one side to the other installing both 3 point collars. I hope I did that right...but again, I see that nothing regarding this in any of the manuals...

There is one thing I am not completely sure of...Ref Pic# 3...I am unsure as to the routing of the hydraulic line with relation to the 3 point hitch and most particularly the check chain and turnbuckle. There is a drawing of this in the manual whose quality leaves a bit to be desired...but honestly I cannot figure if the turnbuckle should go through the hydraulic line loop or not?...I'm sure if it is not run correctly that you could chew up some lines pretty quickly....I'd very much like to avoid that....:)

If anyone would perhaps have a picture of their setup?....

Very much appreciated...

Attachments

• BH65Dolly.JPG
    BH65Dolly.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 480
  • hitchshaft.JPG
    hitchshaft.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 405
  • turnbuckle.JPG
    turnbuckle.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,033
   / Life w/ the B2620 #2  
Nice little tractors aren't they....I got one just the same. I have had the BH off, but have not tried to put the 3 point stuff back on. I would go ahead an put your 3 point stuff on and adjust. Then you should be able to tell the best path for the hydraulic line. You can always pop it back off and route it on the other side of the lower arms if needed.

/ Life w/ the B2620
This is what the manual represents...I'll be diggered if I can figure it out from this...

Attachments

• manual.jpg
    manual.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 573
   / Life w/ the B2620
The drawing above looks like the 3-point hitch turnbuckle is supposed to go thru the hydraulic hose loop, but looking at the back of the tractor, that does NOT look correct...
Seems like raising and lowering would tear up the hose...

I'm hoping a knowledgeable dealer, or B2620 owner who purchased theirs with their 3-point installed will pipe up? Anyone?...please...:confused:

Regards,

/ Life w/ the B2620 #5  
Mzimmy, Sorry I haven't piped up. I was hoping someone had a better idea as well. I can tell you that I am not pleased with the routing of the hydraulic line either. The pic of route 1 is how I have been running mine. If you run it this way you have to set your 3pt raise stop so that you don't pinch the hose between the drag arm and the BH subframe. By the way, I had the same problem with putting the pins in the shaft with no clearance against the BH subframe. I got the dealer to give me a different type of pin that doesn't fold over(lynch pin) it has a rectangular latch that hooks over the pin, works much better, not sure what you call it. I tried to route the line as the manual shows and I just can't do it that way. It is too tight and rubs against too much stuff. I don't even have my 3pt. lowered all the way in the pics, route 2 & 3. I think you may have the right idea of routing it between the drag arm and the check chain. After looking at your pics I noticed that I am missing the collars (#7 in the last pic) to spread out the drag arms. I have always thought that something wasn't right with my check chains being so close to the drag arms. The line was just too tight on mine in between the drag arm and check chain, but I think with those collars on it will work. It should be protected pretty well there. There are a lot of typos in the manuals so it wouldn't surprise me if the diagram was wrong either.

Good luck and let me know what you think or how you end up routing it.

Attachments

• scan0083.jpg
    scan0083.jpg
    523 KB · Views: 390
  • BHose route 3.jpg
    BHose route 3.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 342
  • BHose route 2.jpg
    BHose route 2.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 242
  • BHose route 1.jpg
    BHose route 1.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 254
   / Life w/ the B2620 #6  
I wonder what happened to your collars? I would think they came with the tractor before the BH was installed. When mine was delivered one of the collars was in the toolbox because it was replaced by the mower lift bracket. It took me a little while to figure out what it was for.

/ Life w/ the B2620
Appreciate the sanity check...

Unless a Dealer replies and can give me a reason not to...I think I will route as you show in your first route-1 picture. It does seem to be the safest for not pinching the line. I will probably also try to zip-tie it on the right hand side of the BH sub-frame to try to further keep it out of harms way...Seems like I may have a little more slack in my line than yours.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why they would want you to loop a hydraulic line around a 3-point arm. I have a Razor bush hog mower that can get a little rambunctious even after shortening the check chains...

Thanks Gents....

/ Life w/ the B2620 #8  
I happened to be in town today where I got the tractor. And stopped at the dealer and told him about the collars. He said, hold on a second, and came back with a box of goodies for me. He said they must have got pushed under the bench. He found it recently cleaning the shop. He had the collars and the original seat mount, safety switches, brackets and bolts and pins. The BH and FEL were on my tractor when I bought it and I had them add the MMM to it so there is good reason why some of the 3pt stuff was miss placed. I put the collar on and now I am undecieded about where to run the hyd. line. I may try it in the new route and see how it goes. The check chain looks better now in relation to the drag arm.

Mzimmy, thanks for the post and the pics. I now have the correct parts for my tractor. I figured out how to get the lynch pins in also. I felt like a dork that I didn't realize sooner how to do it. Don't open the latch up before trying to put it on, and then just crack it a little to clear the end of the shaft, Duh !:eek:

I included a pic of the other pin I mentioned earlier.

Attachments

• New Rt 1.jpg
    New Rt 1.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 262
  • New Rt 2.jpg
    New Rt 2.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 235
  • New Rt 3.jpg
    New Rt 3.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 248
  • pin.jpg
    pin.jpg