Safety shut off in seat on BX24

/ Safety shut off in seat on BX24 #1  

KubotaKween

Tractor
Kubota BX24
Just curious if I am the only person owning a kubota that has a problem with not weighing enough for the safety shutoff in the seat. I am about 125lbs and would think that would be enough to hold the seat but any bumps big or small my engine tries to shut off on me. I don't want to completely disconnect it, because I do have a young son but any suggestions? The dealer said they already tried to adjust it for me but obviously I need to eat more or something?!

/ Safety shut off in seat on BX24 #2  
I weigh in at 145 pounds and have no problem on my BX2660. At times it will start to studder when I twist to look behind me. Of course you are wearing the seat belt as recommended which help hold you into the seat.

/ Safety shut off in seat on BX24 #3  
Seeing I weight about 100 pounds more than you, I don't have the problem on bumps, but I do when I go down hills. I don't know if there is any way to add downforce to the seat, such as a couple of bungee cords?

/ Safety shut off in seat on BX24
BTW, I did use the seatbelt in hopes that would help, really doesn't, it gives too much when I move against it, but I did think of bungee cords maybe to add some down pressure but not entirely negate the safety part. They did offer me to do a seat trade for $50 more I could get a seat that sits you back and deeper, but they weren't sure that would fix the issue, mostly they laughed and told me that now I own a tractor I should put on a few pounds not having to do it all by pitch fork and wheelbarrow. Funny indeed, but how many twinkies would that be, more than $50 worth?:confused:

/ Safety shut off in seat on BX24 #5  
Not sure if your 24 has the same seat as my 23, but mine tends to "lean" forward so I'm not putting my full downward weight directly on the safety/seat switch...Good luck.

Don

/ Safety shut off in seat on BX24 #6  
BigD23 may have something there.
Maybe a spacer on the front seat mounts that will tilt the seat back slightly might help.

The seat I have is the one that leans, that is why they thought maybe the other seat would be better. But is that one more restricting on leg movement?

/ Safety shut off in seat on BX24 #8  
Chances are its a positional problem and not so much your light weight. If you are fairly short it forces you to sit forward on the seat to reach the control pedals and then it only takes the slightest movement to activate the seat switch and shut down the tractor. If thats the problem, one solution would be to modify the seat mounts and remount the seat slightly more forward so you will be fully sitting on the seat.

Sincerely, Dirt

Chances are its a positional problem and not so much your light weight. If you are fairly short it forces you to sit forward on the seat to reach the control pedals and then it only takes the slightest movement to activate the seat switch and shut down the tractor. If thats the problem, one solution would be to modify the seat mounts and remount the seat slightly more forward so you will be fully sitting on the seat.

Sincerely, Dirt

Thanks a million, I will look at the mount to see if that might be an option. I am not really too short, about 5'5 and I feel like I am sitting back into the seat well, but maybe I am not as good as I should. I have had to hold the side handles to kinda push my weight down on the seat, and that gets old quick. I appreciate your responses to what to some may seem a ridiculous issue, but I just got my machine today and tried out the seat after the dealer tried to make its adjustments. Kinda a bummer for me, I will be the primary operator and bought it specifically for me, glad I didn't go with the L series, probably need to be a lot bigger to ride that:):D

/ Safety shut off in seat on BX24 #10  
that new seat and you could get is like a lazy boy. I had the one that leaned forward and change it out for the one that should have come with the BX and no lie did not want to get off the tractor. I am 6'3'' so leg movement is not a issue for me. my .02 Shawn