Mystery Knob/Valve B7100??

/ Mystery Knob/Valve B7100?? #1  

yeagisyeag

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100HST, International IH454, John Deere F910
Well, I got a chance to play around outside with my B7100 today. I made a trailer hitch adapter for the 3 pt, details here.

I was able to adjust the lowering rate on the 3 pt, and did a neutral adjustment for my HST, now there's absolutely no creep when I'm off the pedals. The seller told me that 3ph's always go down slow w/no weight, and all hydrostatic drives creep. I didn't know any better at the time....

What I did find was a knob with an arrow on it, on a valve with 3 detent positions, just under the front of the seat. I checked my shop manual but can't find any info on this valve. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,
Jim

Attachments

• IMG_4088.JPG
    IMG_4088.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 934
  • IMG_4095a.jpg
    IMG_4095a.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 898
   / Mystery Knob/Valve B7100?? #2  
That valve will bypass the TPH to an accessory hydraulic circuit if one is installed off the end of the valve. If one is not installed it may dead head the hydraulics. (not good)
I'm sure some one will be able to give a better explanation, but that is how I understand it.

/ Mystery Knob/Valve B7100?? #3  
It's the auxiliary port to run other hydraulics. You lose the 3PH if you spin it. I think there's some bypass/relief stuff in there so you cannot deadhead it. See the picture for some info on it.

Attachments

• Page39.jpg
    Page39.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 1,032
   / Mystery Knob/Valve B7100?? #4  
If the valve has not been turned in a while. Be prepared to install a new o'ring on end of shaft that is attached to lever. Had this happen to my B7100 twice in the 15 years I owned it.

/ Mystery Knob/Valve B7100??
Tig/KubotainNH,

I see! So I'm guessing that's where I might tie in if I wanted to put a hydraulic top link or whatever. So now I guess that the valve, having 3 positions would be like:
1. lift only
2. aux only
3. aux and lift

Does this sound right? I guess it would require more investigation to see where a return might be plumbed in.

Then there's also the "block" on the hydraulic tubing for adding stuff, wonder what the difference would be between these?

ronjhall, I did turn the valve, felt the detent positions (felt like a ball/spring) so I'll keep an eye out for any leaking.

Thanks for the replies!
Jim

/ Mystery Knob/Valve B7100?? #6  
You only have two operational positions (1 & 2 on your list) so it's not the best place for hydraulic top link since you have to switch back and forth to use the 3PH. Putting you hydraulic top link inline to the block you mentioned would make operation simpler. The return can just be T'd into the existing return line.

/ Mystery Knob/Valve B7100?? #7  
Tig is correct, you'd have to keep switching the valve to use the 3PH and top link. The block near the engine is what supplies pressure to the 3PH. My loader run off the this block in series to the 3PH. If you search by my name you can see pictures I have posted of it. I think you could do the same with a top link valve so when not in use it's open and sending pressure to the 3PH.

/ Mystery Knob/Valve B7100??
Thanks Mike. Speaking of the block near the engine, where would I find an adapter to bolt on there?

Jim

Tig is correct, you'd have to keep switching the valve to use the 3PH and top link. The block near the engine is what supplies pressure to the 3PH. My loader run off the this block in series to the 3PH. If you search by my name you can see pictures I have posted of it. I think you could do the same with a top link valve so when not in use it's open and sending pressure to the 3PH.

/ Mystery Knob/Valve B7100?? #9  
   / Mystery Knob/Valve B7100?? #10  
Mine has a factory FEL so came with it. There's at least one recent post that lists it, it may be the one KubotaSam mentions.