LIght Kit Harness BX 25

/ LIght Kit Harness BX 25 #1  

billhall

Tractor
Kubota L3540
I just bought a rear work light for my new Kubota BX 25, it is the Kubota brand, round light with built in shut off, it has a connector at the end of the wire harness, but I can not find were it plugs in on the tractor, has anyone bought this kit that could help? I am hoping I do not need to cut any wires.

/ LIght Kit Harness BX 25 #2  
I am not sure where if there is one on the BX25, but on the earlier models there is a wire connection under the seat. I wired my directly to the battery since I wanted a thicker wire for less overheating.

/ LIght Kit Harness BX 25 #3  
I just bought a rear work light for my new Kubota BX 25, it is the Kubota brand, round light with built in shut off, it has a connector at the end of the wire harness, but I can not find were it plugs in on the tractor, has anyone bought this kit that could help? I am hoping I do not need to cut any wires.

Yes,
at the back of the tractor just below the seat

/ LIght Kit Harness BX 25 #5  
There might be a difference. I was referencing my BX2660 with is very similar

/ LIght Kit Harness BX 25 #6  
On my BX1860, the connections were wrapped in black electrical tape around one of the wire looms just under where the 3PH top link mounts to the tractor. Not sure where the leads are on the BX25, but look for black electrical tape wrapped around the plastic loom somewhere in the back. On some of the other tractors, I think the connection is under the rear fender by one of the rear "brake" lights. Good luck.

/ LIght Kit Harness BX 25 #7  
Look at the back of the tractor....you will see the flip up cover above the PTO shaft. On the left side of that cover against the housing you will see a wire loom going up....look carefully and you will see black tape around it. The connection is there. It is hard to find.

It is not under the seat.

/ LIght Kit Harness BX 25 #8  
billhall - have you found your wire connections ? here a pic of mine on BX24 . It comes out of wire loom harness in back on left side of the BH connection that is in a Y. The Y part is not obvious but it was covered in electrical tape and when removed the wires connections were there. I checked the power and there was power when key was turned on and off when turned off.

Attachments

• light harness location.jpg
    light harness location.jpg
    545.2 KB · Views: 1,135
  • BX24 exposed wire connections.jpg
    BX24 exposed wire connections.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 1,532
   / LIght Kit Harness BX 25
Yes, thanks guys I finally found it, sorry I have been working all day couldn't reply earlier, what a problem I had getting light to work, finally realized that the manufacturer painted the casing so well that the ground would not work, had to scape paint away in a few areas to make it work. Now looking forward to a night time storm. Thanks again!!!!

/ LIght Kit Harness BX 25 #10  
billhall - have you found your wire connections ? here a pic of mine on BX24 . It comes out of wire loom harness in back on left side of the BH connection that is in a Y. The Y part is not obvious but it was covered in electrical tape and when removed the wires connections were there. I checked the power and there was power when key was turned on and off when turned off.

Thanks so much, radioman - I found mine too (on my BX25), which the dealer could not do. Now I, too can hook up my ROPS light that I bought from the local Kubota dealer. And thanks, billhall, for the heads-up about the grounding problem - it will save me a lot of time I'm sure!