Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24TLB

Default BX24 AND JINMA 6" CHIPPER

Can a BX24 power a JINMA 6 wood chipper? Can the 3PH handle an 800 pound attachment?

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Re: BX24 AND JINMA 6" CHIPPER

the BX24 is rated with 3 pt hitch that can lift 1210 lbs as per the manual. As for running the chipper - not sure, never even had a chipper back there yet. maybe others might have a better opinion?

Tractor
    Kubota BX-24

I can't give you real world experience with this as I don't have one, but I wouldn't spec a BX24 for the JINMA 6" Chipper as it is rated for 18-70HP. The BX is rated at 17.7HP (Which I believe is an optimistic rating for the BX24) which is below the low side of the recommended range. I guess it all comes down to how it will be used but the JINMA will definitely not be working optimally by any strech of the imagination.

Hopeful someone with real world experience can chime in but if I didn't have real world experience I would probably not fit that equipment to a BX24.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24TLB

Thanks for the replies. I wouldn稚 be chipping anything in the 6 range, most of the stuff I would be chipping would be approximately 4 or less. Is there anyone with first hand knowledge of the JINMA 6 on a BX24 chipping 4 branches.

Tractor
    Kubota BX 24

I run a 4inch Patu Chipper on my BX 24 handles that with no problems, I know other people running 4inch models on their BX series tractors. Not sure on the 6 inch
    Matt

BX 24
    LA240 FEL, BT601 Backhoe, 54'' MMM, Patu DC 40 Chipper, 5ft LandScape Rake, FEL Snow Plow, ATI FEL Quick Attach, TracVac with QA mower boot, WorkSaver Post Hole Digger, 50$ 4ft Grader Blade

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

dsvaleri - perhaps you could share why you want to put a 6 incher on your BX ? If it something you could borrow, I would understand why you asking. But if you looking to buy, perhaps you should be looking for a smaller capacity chipper like a 4 incher for longitvity of the BX ?

The BX could run the 6 jimna by itself until you start feeding it wood. IT might start to bog down once to get to the 4 " size due to lack of PTO HP due to flywheel weight ? Only in a real world test would show the final results, but then you might break the PTO shaft .

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660, Kubota RTV400ci

Quote Originally Posted by dsvaleri View Post
    Can a BX24 power a JINMA 6 wood chipper? Can the 3PH handle an 800 pound attachment?
    Yes, It will work very good. I had this hooked to my BX2230 with simular power rating to the BX24. The BX24 will lift the chipper better and higher, as the 3pt was improved. The pictures are of the Ginma chipper mounted on my newer BX2660 (being driven by my wife).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -tractor-046-jpg   -tractor-043-jpg  
    Last edited by TheFlatlander; 03-05-2009 at 10:15 AM. Reason: spelling
    Tim,

Kubota BX2660
    Kubota RTV400ci

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlatlander View Post
    Yes, It will work very good. I had this hooked to my BX2230 with simular power rating to the BX24. The BX24 will lift the chipper better and higher, as the 3pt was improved. The pictures are of the Ginma chipper mounted on my newer BX2660 (being driven by my wife).
    Cool ! I learned something new today !

Tractor
    Kubota BX24TLB

Radioman,
    There was a used JIMNA on my local Craigslist and I wanted to know if my tractor could handle it before I bought it. Thanks to all for the information.

Tractor
    bx-23 ,

Id go for it .Igot a 4 inch which works fine but you have to limb up the branches good .If i could afford it id like to have a 6 and i heard that brand is pretty good.Once you get it turning it will work just like a 4,as long as you dont try to put big stuff in it...in my opinion
    ALAN
    KUBOTA BX-23,Block heater, AG TIRES[rears filled],MECHANICAL THUMB,SALSCO CHIPPER,WOODS LRC60 LANDSCAPE RAKE WITH GAUGE WHEELS,,HOMEMADE BUCKET FORKS,QUICK HITCH FOR 3 POINT HITCH,HOMEMADE FRONT BUCKET MOUNTED QUICK HITCH[for 3 point implements], FARM FORCE 6 FT 3 POINT BLADE,MARKHAM TOOTHBAR,HOMEMADE TRAILER HITCH FOR BACKHOE, HOMEMADE HEATED STEEL AND FIBERGLASS CAB,54 INCH PRONOVOST PUMA 3 POINT SNOW BLOWER,WITH HYDRAULIC CHUTE CONTROL,REAR TIRE CHAINS,UPGRADED 40 AMP ALTERNATOR,4-55W LIGHTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast