7500 question bad sound and tiller question

/ 7500 question bad sound and tiller question #1  

fatkid829

hey guys I got a 7500 year 02 I bought it with 110 hrs and it is now almost 200. The thing is when i am in high gear wide open some times I hear a wyning noise from i think the rear end . if you come to a stop and then start agian its not there untill you go a little ways . it also happens when the tractor is hot or has ran a while . any thoughts. also i got a steal on a 5 ft tiller king cutter is it to big for my tractor. and if it is to you think if i take a row of tines off that it would hurt the tiller . I ran a 4ft just fine last year .

/ 7500 question bad sound and tiller question #2  
Welcome to TBN.

When you say you are running "wide open" I assume you mean the throttle is pulled so it is all the way at the top? What kind of RPM's do you see then? I honestly don't know if I have ever run my tractor pegged on the throttle. Never had a need for more than 540 rpm's.

The noise sounds like it is coming from inside the rear end? Is this with the PTO engaged? I assume fluids are okay? Since the tractor is relatively new to you, do you know what kind of Tran fluid is in there? Is it super UDT?

Regarding the tiller - I think you will be okay depending on your soil.

/ 7500 question bad sound and tiller question
no the pto was not engagd just running down the drive and road . the fluids are up to the proper level on my dip stick but does that matter when you are checking it if the 3point is up or down. the fluids are the super new filter and fluids

/ 7500 question bad sound and tiller question #4  
If this is not a new sound it could just be the way HST sounds in high gear. At least my HST has a whine when in high, which isn't very often. In high gear there isn't much power on any type of grade and it seems the loudest then. Watch your RPM's and see if they are dropping when you think the noise is the worst.

MarkV

/ 7500 question bad sound and tiller question #5  
My BX2350 has a whine when running down the road in high at near full throttle. My dad has a L3400 that does the same thing. I think this is just normal for the HST tractors. Even the old gear drive tractors would whine when running WOT pulling a plow.

/ 7500 question bad sound and tiller question #6  
They they sound like women from time to time, well at least my wife!

I think it's normal, I hear mine do that too.

Check your parking brake too if you notice a loss of power.... We've all done that a few times.

/ 7500 question bad sound and tiller question
my 7500 is not hydro its the gear type if that helps guys

/ 7500 question bad sound and tiller question #8  
Code:
 and if it is to you think if i take a row of tines off that it would hurt the tiller . I ran a 4ft just fine last year .

Try it and see what happens. Then adjust as necessary.:D
I had removed two outside rows of tines on my tiller so the Little Kubota B7100 could handle the soil conditions. After breaking the sod I was able to put the tines back on.

It may all depend on soil conditions. The gear tractor may not be as flexible for tilling at slow speeds as a hydro.

The whine may come from gears?:confused:

The way gear teeth are angled when manufactured may effect the amount noise they make??:confused: