bx 1850 ?

/ bx 1850 ? #1  

danny boy

Hi, folks new here and have a few ? I've been looking at the bx1850. but can,t find much info on how well they do with a flat bottom plow,disk, and middle buster. as most folks use a tiller. these attachments are the only reason i would want or need this machine. thanks for any help

/ bx 1850 ? #2  
look at it's replacement, the bx1860. it does not have the abrupt stopping
transmission, that has driven many bx owners to distraction, or medical bills or ultimately to trading for the bx1860 or higher. super machine, just make sure to test drive it at the dealer-thru both ranges, forward and reverse.

shrekbelly

/ bx 1850 ? #3  
Hi, folks new here and have a few ? I've been looking at the bx1850. but can,t find much info on how well they do with a flat bottom plow,disk, and middle buster. as most folks use a tiller. these attachments are the only reason i would want or need this machine. thanks for any help

look at it's replacement, the bx1860. it does not have the abrupt stopping
transmission, that has driven many bx owners to distraction, or medical bills or ultimately to trading for the bx1860 or higher. super machine, just make sure to test drive it at the dealer-thru both ranges, forward and reverse.

shrekbelly
Both will handle the attachments.

/ bx 1850 ?
Thanks Lbrown I read some post about a hight issue. with these small machines and wanted a experienced opinion.

/ bx 1850 ?
I'll check that shrekbelly thanks

/ bx 1850 ? #6  
I use a KK middlebuster to touch up ditches and plow a garden. It works ok as long as you have enough traction. The height issue comes into play on your way to your working area. The max height is only about 3-5" off the ground during transport.

/ bx 1850 ? #7  
When I bought my BX2350 about 10 months ago, I was also looking at the BX1850. The reason I chose the 2350 was the ability to get R4 tires on it. I don't think the BX1850 will pull a flat bottom plow well with turf tires. The ag tires that come on the 1850 are similar to ATV tires and I think they may be more susceptible to punctures. If you could get decent tires on the 1850, I think it would do well. There is definitely no shortage of horsepower with the 2350.

/ bx 1850 ? #8  
When I bought my BX2350 about 10 months ago, I was also looking at the BX1850. The reason I chose the 2350 was the ability to get R4 tires on it. I don't think the BX1850 will pull a flat bottom plow well with turf tires. The ag tires that come on the 1850 are similar to ATV tires and I think they may be more susceptible to punctures. If you could get decent tires on the 1850, I think it would do well. There is definitely no shortage of horsepower with the 2350.

Here's my BX1500 and BX23 with AG tires on them .
The tires are alike on both tractors except for size.
These tires are not similar to ATV tires.

/ bx 1850 ?
Thanks for all the replys I was thinking about turf tires. and putting chains on when plowing but may just get ag tires dose any one have a idea how much they cost

/ bx 1850 ? #10  
Thanks for all the replys I was thinking about turf tires. and putting chains on when plowing but may just get ag tires dose any one have a idea how much they cost
Get the AGs = save the hassle of chains.
My BX23 Came with AGs.
The new BX1500 came with turfs.
The used BX1500 had turfs but I had the dealer take them off and put used AGs on it.
I didn't pay extra for any of the AGs.