BX 25 and Relief Valve

/ BX 25 and Relief Valve #1  

MacTractor

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 JD 2320
For those who are interested, I just finished my pressure test of my BX25. It turns out that my tractor was only running just over 1750 PSI. I bumped it up to around 1950 or so, a little over the scale but not much. The proceedure was dirt simple and took literally 10 minutes total. The first time I justed added a .1mm shim which put it around 2200 PSI. Way too high. I took out one of the stock shims and left the .1mm and now I have it where it is now.

I purchased the Pressure Testing Kit from BXpanded and it came with the gauge and several different shims. It was an amazing time saver as when it arrived, I was ready to go.

BXpanded is a great company to deal with. Even when delivered to Canada.

Cheers,

/ BX 25 and Relief Valve #2  
For those who are interested, I just finished my pressure test of my BX25. It turns out that my tractor was only running just over 1750 PSI. I bumped it up to around 1950 or so, a little over the scale but not much. The proceedure was dirt simple and took literally 10 minutes total. The first time I justed added a .1mm shim which put it around 2200 PSI. Way too high. I took out one of the stock shims and left the .1mm and now I have it where it is now.

I purchased the Pressure Testing Kit from BXpanded and it came with the gauge and several different shims. It was an amazing time saver as when it arrived, I was ready to go.

BXpanded is a great company to deal with. Even when delivered to Canada.

Cheers,

Glad to hear it, MacTractor - I was interested in the very same kit (and a couple of bucket hooks, and some forkes, and the bucket expander....\). How much was shipping, and how long did it take to get to Ottawa?

/ BX 25 and Relief Valve
It ended up costing $121.10 CAD with the exchange plus $17 dollars when I received it at the Post Office for taxes and duty. It took around 3 weeks for me to receive it. Not fast, but I was in no rush. I'm sure I could have built one of these kits local for cheaper but I don't have the time. It came ready to go with the shims.

I think it is good to have one as I can test it quickly as from what I hear is over time the PSI will drop and I may need to add more shims.

Cheers,

/ BX 25 and Relief Valve #4  
I looked at the BXpanded kit. $69 plus $10 for shipping. I found the gauge, QD, and cover at Discount Hydraulic Hose for ~$39. Shims are about 40 cents each at Dealer. I couldn't see paying someone ~$40 for a plastic case and mating the fitting and gauge.

Items Ordered:
  • $ 9.83 -> 701-04-04B | 1/4" Brass Coupler x 1/4" NPTF Female
  • $ 1.04 -> 701-04P | Dust Plug for 1/4" Coupler
  • $17.50 -> Pressure Gauge (0 to 3,000 psi), #AFC-3M-25
Product Subtotal: $28.37
Shipping & Handling: $10.22
Grand Total: $38.59

I suppose if your dealer is way off, the BXpanded kit makes sense. I go past the nearest dealer regularly, so I just couldn't see spending the $.

/ BX 25 and Relief Valve #5  
Oh...That's all in USD for the Northerners.

/ BX 25 and Relief Valve
I know the kit is expensive but I am willing to pay the price for the convenience of just placing an order online and then it arriving ready to go. I know this may not make sense to all, but it just does to me.

Cheers,

/ BX 25 and Relief Valve #7  
Thanks for the tip.

I'm hoping that somebody will post some pics with step by step instructions on how to install the shims when they get around to tackling that project.

/ BX 25 and Relief Valve #8  
I looked at the BXpanded kit. $69 plus $10 for shipping. I found the gauge, QD, and cover at Discount Hydraulic Hose for ~$39. Shims are about 40 cents each at Dealer. I couldn't see paying someone ~$40 for a plastic case and mating the fitting and gauge.
Thanks for the doing the leg work. I ordered everything you specified and they came in yesterday. I'm a little low on the pressure, so now it's off the the dealer to get a few shims.
Items Ordered:
  • $ 9.83 -> 701-04-04B | 1/4" Brass Coupler x 1/4" NPTF Female
  • $ 1.04 -> 701-04P | Dust Plug for 1/4" Coupler
  • $17.50 -> Pressure Gauge (0 to 3,000 psi), #AFC-3M-25
Product Subtotal: $28.37
Shipping & Handling: $10.22
Grand Total: $38.59

I suppose if your dealer is way off, the BXpanded kit makes sense. I go past the nearest dealer regularly, so I just couldn't see spending the $.
Thanks for the info. I ordered everything you specified and it came in the mail yesterday. I'm a little low on the pressure, so now it's off to the dealer to get some shims.

Thanks for the tip.

I'm hoping that somebody will post some pics with step by step instructions on how to install the shims when they get around to tackling that project.

This would make my life very easy if someone would post a few pictures on exactly what to do here.

-Scot

/ BX 25 and Relief Valve #9