l3400 antifreeze leak

/ l3400 antifreeze leak #1  

ht1

Tractor
L3400,JD 325,AC model B 1935
anyone have antifreeze leaks on an L3400 I have a leak between the frame and the motor I cant figure out were the antifreeze is coming form I am think I have a crack in block.

/ l3400 antifreeze leak #2  
There could be a casting core plug rusted and leaking. How old is this tractor and how often have you changed the antifreeze?
Also is it possible there was not adequate antifreeze in the cooling system and a freeze push out a core plug? KennyV

/ l3400 antifreeze leak
thanks some good info the tractor is less than a year old.

/ l3400 antifreeze leak #4  
Check if its leaking from around the engine block heater if you have one.

/ l3400 antifreeze leak #5  
thanks some good info the tractor is less than a year old.

If it's less than 1 yr old it should still be under warranty if purchased new..

/ l3400 antifreeze leak #6  
Hi guys new to the site- I was wondering if you ever found out what was leaking

/ l3400 antifreeze leak #7  
I seem to have a similiar leak- it never had it until I put a heater element in. It is not leaking from that but seems to leak between frame and block down on to oil pan on left side of tractor. Not much about a drip every couple days. Could this be from when I did install heater element and some got between block and frame and is slowly leaking?? Seems to much of a coincidence that it just started now.

/ l3400 antifreeze leak #8  
Could this be from when I did install heater element and some got between block and frame and is slowly leaking?? Seems to much of a coincidence that it just started now.

It could be. Can you get a mirror in there to see where it is leaking? Put a peice of tape on your coolant reservoir to mark the coolant level so you can tell if you are loosing any. I would also spray some water between the block and frame to try and flush it out.

I had a dealer installed block heater on the Bobcat I had. When the guy put it I guess coolant ran all over the block. He said he pressure washed it off and I did too a couple of times. It took 50-60 hours to get rid of the smell.

/ l3400 antifreeze leak #9  
Thanks- I will try to flush and wait and see if it quits- I sure hope that's all it is- otherwise it's s cracked block or something I guess- that would suck royally - are cracked blocks common?

/ l3400 antifreeze leak #10  
Could this be from when I did install heater element and some got between block and frame and is slowly leaking?? Seems to much of a coincidence that it just started now.

Remove the rad cap and make a plug to fit... then pressurize the system to around 10 to 15 pounds.... You should be able to closely check every possible leak joint... Use a white paper towel, it will show a stain the color of your antifreeze, if there is even a tiny seep. KennyV