Question - Iowa Farm Equipment

/ Question - Iowa Farm Equipment #1  

Chris86303

Tractor
in the process of buying
Has anyone dealt with Iowa Farm Equipment (iowafarmequipment.com) on the internet.

I'm want to purchase a 6 foot Rhino 500 blade and they not only have a good price but the shipping is about half (or less) than anyone else I've talked to.

The only other option I have is to drive 500 miles (1000 round trip) to pick one up. That's the closest dealer I've found that has one in stock.

I like the Rhino 500 because of the offset swing and skid shoe and end plate options they offer. I need a blade with skid shoes and other than the Land Pride 3572 the Rhino is the only one I've found. The LP model is way overkill for my needs, 360 pounds for the Rhino vs over 550# for the LP. Land Pride is a Cat 1 or Cat 2 option, it's a monster.

Anyway.. I can't find anything about Iowa Farm Equip so I don't really want to lay out that much money to someone I've never dealt with before even though I would be using a credit card which is covered for fraud but a real hassle to go through.

Thanks for any info or references if you've bought from them.

/ Question - Iowa Farm Equipment #2  
i bought a taylor way back blade from them last fall. everything was just as they said it would be. one pin on the 3ph was the wrong size. i called them and they sent a new one the next day. i would buy from them again.

/ Question - Iowa Farm Equipment #3  
I bought a GME Model 624 Chipper from them about 3 years ago. Grounds Maintenance Equipment. www.gmeidaho.net They were much cheaper than competitors and also very reasonable on shipping compared with other equipment companies. The GME Chipper has been an excellent machine so far for me.

/ Question - Iowa Farm Equipment #4  
Hi-They are about 50 miles from me. Farm folks with big yard full of the equipment. Nice people, do what they say, ordered something for me and it wasn't the right piece, so no charge or problems. They do have a mean rooster walking around that took offense to me and attacked with his spurs. Impressive. They are on ebay with good prices also. Bill

/ Question - Iowa Farm Equipment
Thanks for the posts. I knew I get some honest feedback (good or bad) from TBN'rs. Couldn't find anything anywhere else.

They sure must have some connections on freight, the one other quote I got was almost triple what they charge for freight.

Looks like I'll have to order a blade from them.

/ Question - Iowa Farm Equipment #6  
I purchased a toothbar from them on Ebay and it was a perfect fit and the best price. I would buy from them again.

/ Question - Iowa Farm Equipment #7  
In Jan '08 we bought a heavy duty McMillian skid loader mounted hydraulic post auger from them and they were best price and very reasonable on shipping. The only downside-we needed hydraulic couplers for an old Gehl skid loader and they shipped generic Pioneer couplers, so we had to buy the Gehl couplers from a local dealer which added to our over all cost. They were the only dealers who would locate mounts for that old style Gehl loader, I would definitely buy from them again.

/ Question - Iowa Farm Equipment #8  
I bought a 60" IFE rotary tiller from them last year. It was exactly as they said it would be! Shipping price was fair and the tiller is great. I definately would recommend them and buy from them again.

/ Question - Iowa Farm Equipment #9  
I bought a Bearcat Chipper from them, excellent transaction. I would use them again.
:)

/ Question - Iowa Farm Equipment #10  
I bought snowblower, pallet forks, and quick hitch and was very impressed with their communication price and shipping cost. I never met them but my impression is these folks are very good at what they do.,