Kubota Model Numbers

/ Kubota Model Numbers #1  

Jag

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota /L2650/ LA450/B4690 -- John Deere 450 Dozer
Does anyone have at least a rough breakdown on the Kubota model numbers changes and about what model year? A friend asked a question about it and I really did not have a good answer. I ran a search on it and did not find a answer. This is mainly for the L series. Thanks for the help guys.

/ Kubota Model Numbers #4  
Jag -

Another source of such info can be found at:

http://www.zimmererkubota.com

Look in the left-hand scroll box for "Kubota Tractor History" and you will find links to model lists for the B, L and M series tractors. Not completely up to date, but a lot of models nonetheless.

HarvSig.gif

/ Kubota Model Numbers #5  
Harv - Actually, kubotatractors and zimmererkubota are the same site.

Mark

/ Kubota Model Numbers #6  
Oops!

Just realized the address I just gave you is an alias to the same site Mark referred you to. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Hard to get ahead of that Chalkley guy, even in his weakened condition. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Kubota Model Numbers #7  
Holy Cow, Mark!!!

There couldn't have been 2 minutes between my first and second posts here -- and you beat me again! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

You sure you aren't sipping espresso from that giant cup of yours?

HarvSig.gif

/ Kubota Model Numbers #8  
Harv, I'm impersonating the hare tonight - I'll be the tortoise when I wake up later this morning. This is the latest I've stayed up since my "incident". So I'm going to bed. I'm 3 hours ahead of you, you know. (Maybe that's why I was so fast... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif)

Mark

/ Kubota Model Numbers
Thanks for the info, guys that was fast as always...

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by JAG on 8/30/00 10:15 AM.</FONT></P>

/ Kubota Model Numbers #10  
Jag - There is another factor in figuring out hp for each model - especially in the L's. Some model numbers correspond to Gross HP, some to PTO HP and some to Net HP.

A reason behind the confusion may be that in the early '80s Kubota's model numbers corresponded roughly to Gross HP, which included everything the engine was doing, including heat and noise.

The L345, for instance had 34.5 gross, and 28 PTO hp, roughly 20% less. But they took some heat from tractor purists who were more interested in ratings based on power available at the PTO - a more honest estimate of what work a tractor could be expected to do besides move itself around.

So in the mid '80s Kubota brought out some L-xx50 tractors where the model number was tied to PTO hp. The L-3750 had 37.5 hp at the shaft, etc.

This means that there are some older L-series tractors with lower numbers which have more power and weight than some newer ones with higher numbers.

Around the early '90s the new models started being named with digits midway between gross and pto - called the "net" hp. I think this continues through L's and M's today.

Hope this is relevant to your question.