Need Idea: FEL TB Caps 2 Not Gouge Garage Pad Taking FEL On/Off

/ Need Idea: FEL TB Caps 2 Not Gouge Garage Pad Taking FEL On/Off #1  

Tom_H

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I keep the BX 2200 and all the implements in the garage. If I leave the Markham tooth bar (5 teeth) on the FEL when removing the FEL, it gouges the concrete when removing and also when reattaching, so I take the toothbar off before removing the FEL. (My FEL front edge has to be at 20 degrees down tilt for removal.)

I know I could come up with something to quickly and easily cover the teeth prior to FEL removal so I don't have to take the TB off, but I figure someone else likely already has a solution.

Any ideas? Pics welcome!

Thanks guys.

/ Need Idea: FEL TB Caps 2 Not Gouge Garage Pad Taking FEL On/Off #2  
I keep the BX 2200 and all the implements in the garage. If I leave the Markham tooth bar (5 teeth) on the FEL when removing the FEL, it gouges the concrete when removing and also when reattaching, so I take the toothbar off before removing the FEL. (My FEL front edge has to be at 20 degrees down tilt for removal.)

I know I could come up with something to quickly and easily cover the teeth prior to FEL removal so I don't have to take the TB off, but I figure someone else likely already has a solution.

Any ideas? Pics welcome!

Thanks guys.

Plywood or OSB?

/ Need Idea: FEL TB Caps 2 Not Gouge Garage Pad Taking FEL On/Off #3  
I was thinking of this just today as I took my FEL off. Sadly, I threw out a set of car floor mats earlier this week that would have been perfect. As Tim said, a piece of OSB would work quite well too.

/ Need Idea: FEL TB Caps 2 Not Gouge Garage Pad Taking FEL On/Off #4  
A wooden pallet or two?

Don

/ Need Idea: FEL TB Caps 2 Not Gouge Garage Pad Taking FEL On/Off #6  
Tom_H
If you have the holes drilled for the tooth bar in the forward part of the oval hole loosen the bolts slide it forward and it should flip in to bucket.

Then you only have the straight edge to deal with.

tom

/ Need Idea: FEL TB Caps 2 Not Gouge Garage Pad Taking FEL On/Off #7  
Maybe a couple truck mudflaps?

/ Need Idea: FEL TB Caps 2 Not Gouge Garage Pad Taking FEL On/Off
Just putting something flat on the ground probably would be easiest. I had been thinking something like protective caps to go over the teeth (old athletic shoes), or something the length of the tooth bar that would quickly clamp in place to cover all of the teeth. Hmmm. Maybe I have gotten too used to making complicated solutions to stuff that I've overlooked the really simple solutions like laying down old carpet.

I posted this question in the general "attachments" forum as well. Someone over there suggested a piece of channel iron the width of the FEL. The channel is usually wide and shallow. I wonder if I could find a piece that's narrower and deeper that might fit over the full set of teeth and have some clamp or strap to hold it in place, then rest that on an old floor mat.

Thanks guys, and anyone else with an idea, or a way to expand on this one, please feel free to still chip in.

Last edited:
   / Need Idea: FEL TB Caps 2 Not Gouge Garage Pad Taking FEL On/Off #9  
why not use a 4 ft length of pvc pipe with a slit lengthwise and you can slip it ove the toothbar ?

/ Need Idea: FEL TB Caps 2 Not Gouge Garage Pad Taking FEL On/Off #10  
I vote for OSB.

I have used it for years and am still on the first piece.