Mowing BX2350 Spring steep hillside mowing in Ky

/ BX2350 Spring steep hillside mowing in Ky #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
For those considering a BX that have hillside property. Looked out my window and saw my neighbor mowing behind his house on his BX2350. He has a FEL for his BX and I sold him my Kubota tiller for it last fall. I saw him turn across the hill and go down but by the time I got the camera he was back to just mowing up and down the hill with turning at the top. This is a fairly steep hillside but the BX2350 is a very stable feeling machine and that's why I have a BX2350 for my mowing and the B3200 for FEL work. I'd do the B3200 up and down this hill but would tighten my spincter muscle crossing it, no, I wouldn't cross it on my B3200. My neighbor and I started building our houses at the same time 5 years ago. I started with a BX2200 MMM FEL. He has had Cubs's and zero turns but a couple of years ago he got a BX1850 MMM then last year traded it for the BX2350 MMM with FEL. He also visited Barlows Equipment and is now a dyed in the wool Orange (tractor not sports):) lover. :) Might as well add picture of tree that died and came back as a shrub. Supposed to be 69 tomorrow so I guess I better get started mowing myself tomorrow.

Attachments

• P1050553.jpg
    P1050553.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 1,885
  • P1050554.jpg
    P1050554.jpg
    593.9 KB · Views: 806
  • P1050555.jpg
    P1050555.jpg
    596.1 KB · Views: 801
  • P1050556.jpg
    P1050556.jpg
    544.3 KB · Views: 822
   / BX2350 Spring steep hillside mowing in Ky #2  
That is some pretty country. Going to be a few more weeks till we mow up here in Michigan.

/ BX2350 Spring steep hillside mowing in Ky #3  
I have a long steep hill at my place that I mow on a zero-turn. If there's any moisture in the grass at all, once I push over the top there's no stopping until you get to the bottom. Makes mowing exciting!

/ BX2350 Spring steep hillside mowing in Ky
I'm sure it is. That's why the tractors 4wd needs to always be engaged on hillsides so you have more wheels braking. My neighbors previous Zero turn flipped back on him when he started up his hill which caused his pants to turn brown.:) I also fouind out that going down hill on wet grass is a scary ride even with 4wd engaged. I don't do it anymore.

/ BX2350 Spring steep hillside mowing in Ky #5  
I'm sure it is. That's why the tractors 4wd needs to always be engaged on hillsides so you have more wheels braking. My neighbors previous Zero turn flipped back on him when he started up his hill which caused his pants to turn brown.:) I also fouind out that going down hill on wet grass is a scary ride even with 4wd engaged. I don't do it anymore.
==========================================================

Greetings fellow board members,

I would be worried about using a rubber tired FWD on that slope as well.

Do any of you know if Mattracks makea conversion kit for the smaller orange beasts of burde?

I know they have conversion kit for the Kubota RTV's BUUUUUUT,

The tracks are too small in surface area and the RTV's get stuck as they have too high a ground pressure-even with the tracks- I am usure if the getting stuck issue is due to deep snows/breaking trail or simply trying to move in deep snows. I found the tracked Bobcats to be totally worthless in snow unless the snow was removed to nearly bare ground due to the narrow tracks.:rolleyes:

if they were wider of couse that would not be an issue to begin with. the other rtv', like the polaris have smaller engines, air cooled maybe?,and less weight as I understand it and do not have an issue about getting stuck- but I am unaware as to whether or not the track kits are four all four axle shafts. I have not looked at the mattracks site in several years so I cannot offer a good idea, or response etc.:confused:

/ BX2350 Spring steep hillside mowing in Ky #6  
Looks like a nice gentle 20 deg slope in some pretty country :)

Noticed your 4th picture caught a UFO...:)

/ BX2350 Spring steep hillside mowing in Ky #8  
Looks like a nice gentle 20 deg slope in some pretty country :)

Noticed your 4th picture caught a UFO...:)

lol, i saw that as well. looks like a shoelace or strap for camerain upper left hand corner.:p

/ BX2350 Spring steep hillside mowing in Ky
It's not my camera strap or the lens cover string. It's definately a worm shaped UFO!:) I have two porches and I was on the lower one. My Grands play out on the upper one alot so must have been something they had hanging over. The hill he was on is steeper than it looks. I am above his hill and looking down. Would have to get a straight side shot of it to get true degrees of angle. It's so steep that you can't hardly walk up it.

Attachments

• P1050374.jpg
    P1050374.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 379
   / BX2350 Spring steep hillside mowing in Ky #10  
That's pretty impressive. I have similar hills, some hitting 30+ degrees. After 120 BX hours, I'm still pretty paranoid and back up most. But I have also only mowed with it about 2 hours total, so the rest has been FEL and BH or FEL and RB. I have pretty much zipped around the last 7 yrs. on my lil' 20HP Murray LT and compared to that the BX feels tippy.

Don't have many good "angle" shots of my hills, but here is a couple of my mine...

Attachments

• DSC00032.jpg
    DSC00032.jpg
    887 KB · Views: 355
  • DSC00044.jpg
    DSC00044.jpg
    879.2 KB · Views: 415