L35 & L39 Rear Hydraulic Remotes

/ L35 & L39 Rear Hydraulic Remotes #1  

Keuka

Bronze Member
I'm thinking of adding rear remotes (three spool) to my L35. I was going to go the Kubota Kit but It's no longer available. I've tried to locate someone who has an L35 with rear remotes so I could pick their brains, no luck. How about someone with an L39? Anyone out there with rear remotes? If so, where did you tap into the hydraulic system?

The L35 has a flow diverter that allows you to run either the backhoe or the three point hitch but not both at the same time. With this in mind, you can't use the hoe hydraulic lines for a rear remote and still a useable three point hitch. I assume the L39 is built the same way. I'm thinking you might tap into the front end loader hydraulics if it has a power beyond port but I'm not sure.

If there is someone on this site that has either of these models with rear remotes or researched it, I'd sure appreciate any advice. I'm new at this but learning.

Thanks Larry

/ L35 & L39 Rear Hydraulic Remotes #2  
If there was a Kubota kit available at one point it should still be detailed in the Manual. You ahould be able to either look at the dealer manual or buy a manual for the L35/39.

/ L35 & L39 Rear Hydraulic Remotes
There's nothing listed in the operator manuals on the L35 but they're is not a wealth of information either. I'm ordering a shop manual and parts manual. I assume they have a hydraulic flow schematic and maybe in depth information on the pumps, valves, etc. I think they use several suppliers and I'm sure there is little chance of finding out who makes what component.

I called a dealer and talked with a salesman, he checked with Kubota and found out the remote kit is no longer available. He wasn't sure where the remote ties into the hydraulic system. He mentioned using the hydraulic lines from the backhoe. I reminded him the flow diverter prevents the use of the three point hitch with the backhoe. He agreed.

The operators manual does say the backhoe will operate with the flow diverter in the three point hich position. However, it also states the hydraulic system will heat up and cause damage to hydraulic components. With that in mind, operating the backhoe requires near constant flow but running TNT requires very limited use, so maybe it would work.

It looks like after market and I'm no expert on hydraulics but I'm learning. This may be one of those project you get have way into and wish you hadn't started.

Medicshawn,
No, I hadn't seen that post and I ran a search several times. I sent him a PM but like you said, he hasn't posted in 7 years. He did a real nice job, he's from the same state and it looks like he used the backhoe power in but I can't tell for sure. I'd really like to talk with him!
Thanks for getting back.

/ L35 & L39 Rear Hydraulic Remotes #6  
I just found it doing a google search for l35 top n tilt. I also came up with some L35's for sale with TNT you might be able to find one you can go look at.

I'm by no means an expert on Hydraulics but it seems you could tap into the Backhoe output and just switch your selector valve.

You could look at how the hydraulics splits (at the selector valve) into 2 could you make that split 3 or 4 instead of 2.

Or you could split the hydraulics to you 3 point into 3 for your TNT.

/ L35 & L39 Rear Hydraulic Remotes #7  
I had this kit on my L35 years ago and there is a chance I still have the directions kicking around in my shop. If I recall correctly it did utilize the backhoe plumbing, I just don't recall how. I'll search my shop tomorrow and let you know...

Tags,
That would be a great help.
Do you happen to remember if you could run the three point hitch and the remote at the same time or did you have to through the diverter switch each time you went from three point hitch to remote. According to the L35 operators manual, you throw the diverter to run one or the other but not both at the same time.

/ L35 & L39 Rear Hydraulic Remotes #9  
Keuka,

This is really a straightforward and clean deal.

With the backhoe removed, you normally connect the jumper hose back onto the tractor so the hitch works after you move your two handles to allow flow to the hitch and open the tank port.

Take the QA hose and connect it to your aftermarket valve stack P port (pump/supply) - you can have as many valves/circuits as needed. The valve(s) must be open center type and able to handle 11 GPM flow at rated engine speed and 3000 PSI rated pressure.

The power beyond (PB) port or the return from the stack then has to be plumbed where the QA hose normally connects on the tractor.

The auxiliary valve stack / Top n Tilt will be upstream of the hitch circuit so it is important to attach is as above.

Good luck - let us know how it turns out.

/ L35 & L39 Rear Hydraulic Remotes #10  
Tags,
That would be a great help.
Do you happen to remember if you could run the three point hitch and the remote at the same time or did you have to through the diverter switch each time you went from three point hitch to remote. According to the L35 operators manual, you throw the diverter to run one or the other but not both at the same time.

Sorry about not getting back to you, I haven't had a chance to look yet but will first thing tomorrow morning. Yankee Clipper has it right though, I remember doing exactly what he said, and yes, you have full function of the three point hitch.