B2920 MMM Maintenance

/ B2920 MMM Maintenance #1  

michaelb3

Tractor
B2920
I'm getting my 60" mmm for my ready for the spring and was wondering if anyone has a better way of getting the grass residue removed from underneath. I've used a scraper to remove the majority, but there's still a thin coating that's pretty stubborn and I'm trying to minimize any damage to the paint. Is there some sort of solvent that might work. Not trying to get it back to new, but I'd just like to get as much off as possible. Thought about using a pressure washer, but the deck has it's back wheels removed and is strapped vertically to the back wall of the garage right now for this work, so getting it outside would be a little tricky. Also, does anyone else spray the underside with any sort of wd40 or teflon spray once it's clean?

Although they've got nothing to do with this post, I never posted pictures before. So here goes nothin'.

thanks for any advice

Attachments

• DSCN1983s.jpg
    DSCN1983s.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN1982s.jpg
    DSCN1982s.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN1981s.jpg
    DSCN1981s.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 106
   / B2920 MMM Maintenance #2  
I think I'd wait till you use the FEL to get it out of garage re wheel it sharpen blade what knot then as almost last step blast it with washer lather on your oil (really don't think it will do much) . Check oil in gear box grease fitting and install

/ B2920 MMM Maintenance #3  
I always pressure wash mine when the season is over, then put a light coat of used hydraulic oil on with a paint brush. Keeps it from rusting anywhere. If you have it scraped pretty good, just use it now, then get it all cleaned up this fall for storage.