First 50 Hour Service BX 2200

/ First 50 Hour Service BX 2200 #11  
I recently did my 50 hour service on my BX2200 also.
First I am glad to hear that you all have the same oil capacity as me, it took a little over three quarts of engine oil with filter change.
The dealer I purchased from is also a Deere dealer, I found out when trying to purchase super UDT fluid that they prep the Kubota's they sell with John Deere fluids. I first tried to find super UDT in my area then desided to go with what they said, for transmission-John Deere TY22000 Multigrade.
For engine oil-TY 22070 SAE 30. They assured me no Warranty problems or none down the road from using "green" fluid in an "orange" tractor.
I did not change my fuel filters but did go over the entire machine checking and adjusting everything mentioned in the 100 hour service.
Prices I paid;
Kubota 70000-15421 filter $4.95
Kubota K2561-36990 filter $13.70
Deere TY22000 $8.95 per Gallon
Deere TY22070 SAE 30 $1.88 per Quart

Don't forget it is a good time to service your attachments as well.

/ First 50 Hour Service BX 2200 #12  
Kubota hydro cases come with S-UDT in them, and generally only need oil added when putting on a FEL or something that takes up some more oil. Since you have gone green, I would suggest you keep it that way now. I don't agree with mixing lubricants.

/ First 50 Hour Service BX 2200 #13  
I have maybe a stupid question... or two:1. What do all you guys drain all this fluid into? It seems a regular oil pan would be way too small. 2. What do you do with all the used fuild?3. If you recycle it, where do you take it and how do you transport it?4. If you do take the used fluid somewhere (I assume an automotive service shop or something) do you mix it all up or does it have to be in seperate containers for different types of fluid?Thanks

/ First 50 Hour Service BX 2200 #14  
Walmart sells an oil collection pan that will hold all the fluid I just place the OLD UDT back into the orginial bottles and dump in the recycle tank.

/ First 50 Hour Service BX 2200 #15  
Make sure you find a low drain pan that can handle at least 2.8 gallons that's over 10 qts . Take it from someone who found out the hard way!

/ First 50 Hour Service BX 2200 #16  
Larry,
I agree with you about not mixing lubricants.
My dealer implied the unit was shipped dry and they added the fluids during prep, they did not exactly say that but implied it. I did get a FEL with the unit.
With the super UDT being hard for me to get I think I will stick with the fluids I am using now. If I experiance any problems related to that I will be sure to let you all know.

/ First 50 Hour Service BX 2200 #17  
My dealer said they only use super UDT while under warranty, then they use generic fluid... they see no difference. Also, they use only straight 30W "Case" diesel tractor oil.

- Patrick

/ First 50 Hour Service BX 2200 #18  
We use the Kubota standard UDT after break in, expect on Hydros. All of our oils, grease, penetrant, everything in a bottle is Kubota. Except coolant. As far as receptacles. We generally have multiple pans. Napa sells a nice sturdy 3 or 4 gallon pan. As far as where it goes, we have a 300 gallon barrel, and once it is full, we call the local recycler company, and they charge us to suck it up. Funny, 10 years ago, they were paying us to suck it up!!!

/ First 50 Hour Service BX 2200 #19  
Yesterday, I went to pick up the parts for the 50 hr service and both the parts and service departments told me that they don't change the hydro/tranny oil at the 50 hr service. They only change the filter at this point along with the engine oil and filter. The rational was that the filter will have removed any contaminants that entered during building and that the fluid should last at least 150 hrs under normal conditions before needing changing. They said its owner preference on changing the oil but that the filter MUST be changed. This is a large dealership with several locations across S. Texas and I've heard nothing but good about them from local farmers/ tractor owners. What do you guys think? I just bought the filter and 1 qt of Super UDT but will most likely go back today and pick up 3 gallons of Super UDT for the piece of mind.

/ First 50 Hour Service BX 2200 #20  
I think the peace of mind is worth the 75.00 for the Super UDT. Does the dealership pull the screener/strainer out and clean it? I could not believe the amount of metal shavings on it when I did the 50 hour service. The first 50 hours had a much greater accumulation than the next 250 hours. If it was not for my brother and other Kubota owners telling me what to expect, I would have thought the transmission was damaged!
Based on that alone, I say change it!