Mowing Trade mower deck

/ Trade mower deck #1  

jrschremser

Tractor
JD 4600
I have a new to me, with 50 hours on the meter, BX 2230. The 60 belly mower looks brand new. I would like to trade it for a 54" deck. Anyone interested?

/ Trade mower deck #2  
Sounds like a wonderful deal. Good Luck and welcome to the FL/AL/GA connecting area.

You're near me and P.D.

/ Trade mower deck #3  
I have a new to me, with 50 hours on the meter, BX 2230. The 60 belly mower looks brand new. I would like to trade it for a 54" deck. Anyone interested?
Why do you want a 54'' over the 60'' mower?
No way would I
trade the 60'' on my bx23
for a 54''
but I'd glady trade the 48''
on my BX1500 for a 54'' mower.

/ Trade mower deck
Thank you for the welcome. This is a great site!

I bought this tractor to replace a John Deere 318 with a 46" deck that was getting tired. After many hours of enjoyable and informative reading I decided to replace it with a Kubota BX. I found a deal that was just too good to pass up and am very pleased with the tractor. The only down side is the deck is just too large to fit between trees in the areas that I mow and it takes up too much space in the barn. Also it won't fit with the deck installed on my 5 by 8 foot trailer. I thought someone would eagerly trade up in size so I didn't let the 60" deck deter me from buying the tractor. I need to get one of those new seats too.

/ Trade mower deck #6  

I bought this tractor to replace a John Deere 318 with a 46" deck that was getting tired. After many hours of enjoyable and informative reading I decided to replace it with a Kubota BX. I found a deal that was just too good to pass up and am very pleased with the tractor. The only down side is the deck is just too large to fit between trees in the areas that I mow and it takes up too much space in the barn. Also it won't fit with the deck installed on my 5 by 8 foot trailer. I thought someone would eagerly trade up in size so I didn't let the 60" deck deter me from buying the tractor. I need to get one of those new seats too.
That's an alfull small trailer for a BX2350.
There is no way in Heck I'd consider hauling my BX on my 6x8 trailer.

/ Trade mower deck #7  

I have the 54" on my BX23...I love it. I was afraid of scalping mainly, and this doesnt. Cuts grass like a pro machine..So I'm happy. Never saw the need for the 60"..I can cut 2 acres in an hour or so, how much faster do I really need?

Plus it fits between my obstacles nicely and i leave it on most of the time when doing FEL & BH work and it doesnt get in the way.

/ Trade mower deck #8  
Sounds like he needs two things, a good trailer for the BX and a chainsaw, that would solve both problems. Love the Kubota 60" heavy duty MMM deck.

David Kb7uns

/ Trade mower deck #9  
welcome and good luck . The only problem i had was with the 60"mmm is when i hit the uneven ground . Well needles to say after 3 years of gutting the grass there's not to many high spots just a couple of bald spots .

/ Trade mower deck
I have attached a some pictures of the deck. I would want to keep the wheels and axle bolts since I just had them modified with bushings and zerks from Larry's mower axles. He did a nice job.

Thanks for your concerns regarding my trailer. It is hung with a 3500 pound axle and the frame is more than heavy enough. I'm trailer poor so another is not in my future.

Attachments

• 100_0018.JPG
    100_0018.JPG
    926.9 KB · Views: 1,598
  • 100_0021.jpg
    100_0021.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 925
  • 100_0028.jpg
    100_0028.jpg
    519.8 KB · Views: 1,194