Tires Question on loading front tires

/ Question on loading front tires #1  

Keuka

Bronze Member
I just picked up a Service Manual on my L35 TLB and in the General Section it states, "IMPORTANT Do not fill the front tires with liquid." Can someone explain the danger or damage this can cause? Would the warning also apply to foam filling the front tires?

The main reason I'm asking, I bought my tractor used and the tires were foam filled. At the time, I thought this was a plus. After reading this I'm not sure.

The section does not mention "foam" and no reason is given against filling with liquid. I'm now concearned that maybe "any" loading may tear up the front end or damage the four wheel drive. Anyone know for sure? My tractor has only 140 hrs on it and I'd really feel sick if I destroyed my new toy.

/ Question on loading front tires #2  
Foam filling is primarily to keep tires from leaking, I'm not sure why they recommend against filling front tire with liquid, but my guess would be that Kubota is covering it's *$$ . Enjoy the Kubota, it's a little digging machine. the front axle is built stronger than a similar sized ag tractor. With foam filled tires you can use it without worrying about flat tires.

Caution: I use 4x4 only when needed. The front tires will wear pretty quickly if you leave it in 4x4 on hard surfaces.

Do a search on "foam filled" lots of threads on the subject.
Foam filling tires???? - TractorByNet.com
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/139127-tire-foam-cost-alberta.html

/ Question on loading front tires #3  
In my mind, its because it takes some of the shock absorbing qualitities away from the tires.