Backhoe Kubota backhoe

/ Kubota backhoe #1  

LOU33

I have a fairly new rig (purchased 5/2007) consisting of :Tractor is B7800
Hoe is BH75 (they later listed it as B75A)
Loader is LA402. whole unit has 73 hours operating time, probably 14 hours of that includes BH operation

Question concerns the hoe; since I first started using it, if I turn it off and leave it for an hour, when I restart, and operate the related BH hydraulics, stabilizers will raise, bucket curls in, and boom raises. Similar thing happens to the BH when I'm using the loader bucket. These movements are not drastic but are worrisome. Is there a bleed off device which gradually removes pressure when the unit is shut down, (so as to reduce load on the cylinder seals) or is there some problem here?

If it's not supposed to do this, I may have internal leakge (nothing shows externally and the reservoir is at Normal level).

Will appreciate comments from anyone who operate a similar model or even some other sub-compact tractror/backhoe

Last edited:
   / Kubota backhoe #2  
My BH75A does the same thing - bleeds down a bit both while in use (like traveling to a work spot) or with engine off. Because multiple parts bleed, I suspect that it is the valve. Dealer says that's how it is. I haven't lost sleep over it.

Mike

/ Kubota backhoe #3  
My loader bucket was pretty good on my B7800 but the backhoe I had (4672) would leak down over time. I believe it's normal.

/ Kubota backhoe #5  
After a few dozen hours, on my new BX23, I started noticing that the backhoe boom would settle. The dealer said that this was normal, unless it became excessive. If I park mine for a few days, the backhoe boom will have settled enough that the bucket will be on the ground.

I just make a point of installing the boom pin if I'm not going to be using the backhoe.

/ Kubota backhoe #6  
Yep, that's normal. I even use the boom pin when driving the machine around my property, because the boom and the bucket will bleed down even with the tractor operating.