BX series: Replace plastic hood with metal version

/ BX series: Replace plastic hood with metal version #1  

pwise

Tractor
Kubota BX2350
I bought my 2006 BX2350 new and for the most part it has lived up to what I've always believed a Kubota to be......except for the non-drivetrain parts of the machine. Specifically, I have been livid over the poor fitment of the hood, side panel and radiator screen. As hard as I try, I can't get these pieces to lock in place and stay put. I also had to have the fenders replaced (under warranty) due to cracking and I had to buy a replacement seat to replace the horridly uncomfortable original.

Today I was at the Kubota dealer and learned that the latest models of the BX series have metal hoods and some extra clips to keep the hood, side panel and radiator screen nice & snug fitting.

Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade my hood with the metal one and add the extra clip things? I realize that I may have to buy one or two other little things but it might still be worth it.

/ BX series: Replace plastic hood with metal version #2  
I think the dimensions are a little different. You may want to put them side by side to do a comparison check and also check the mounting points under the bonnet.

/ BX series: Replace plastic hood with metal version #3  
Make sure you have the new plastic housing for the radiator/battery compartment screen, it stays put, where the old one kept drooping down. My '06 BX2350 came with the old one, night and day difference in the way the new one fits

/ BX series: Replace plastic hood with metal version #4  
there where update kits to address the screen. Id' be willing the bet the cost of trading your 2350 to a 2360 would be about the same price as buying all the parts you'd need to update your tractor.

/ BX series: Replace plastic hood with metal version
Thanks for the info, all.

Any more data on the update kit for the radiator screen? That alone might resolve some of my issues. I just have the feeling that if I call my local dealer & ask them without any p/n info, they'll shrug. I spoke with their service manager yesterday and he had no clue as how to solve my problems. He only nodded to say "it is what it is, poor design & all". That leads me to believe he's never seen this update kit.

/ BX series: Replace plastic hood with metal version #6  
Thanks for the info, all.

He only nodded to say "it is what it is, poor design & all". That leads me to believe he's never seen this update kit.

That's crap! My dealer got me the new design. No charge and shipped it to my house to save me the 45 min. trip.

I too was unsure about the plastic hood. Until last week. My son was moving firewood from our woods to the barn. He raised the loader without tilting the bucket forward and a large round rolled out and landed on the hood. He was unhurt, but I thought for sure the hood would be toast. Much to my suprise, I could not tell where the log hit the hood. No damage whatsoever. My old metal hood would have had a huge dent.

Thanks Renob. I'll try to push them to tell me what gives. However, I don't think I have much clout since I didn't buy the tractor from them. My selling dealer is now defunct due to unethical/illegal sales practices. If you could tell me the pieces you were sent, it would be helpful.

/ BX series: Replace plastic hood with metal version #8  
I don't have the part number but I suspect it's the one in the recent parts manual. It was just a revised version of the plastic frame around the screen. The screen comes out easily and goes right into the new frame. Fit perfectly and made everything look good. Dealer covered it under warranty (tractor was still under warranty at that time) I did the install in 5 minutes.

Thanks Renob. I'll check it out.

/ BX series: Replace plastic hood with metal version #10  
I wish you luck I have the same complaint with my engine shroud and hood. They both have cracked on mine. I don't have a lot of faith in Kubota making an upgrade that would fit. I have a 08 BX2350. The roll bar is too short and unsafe. I asked my dealer about an upgrade. He just shrugged his shoulder and said to trade it in for the upgraded new model. Kubota won't do a thing about a safe upgrade!! I have written to them 5 years ago.