Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT 4WD

Default Alternator question

Does anyone know if an alternator from another type of vehicle will fit my
    L2500. I really don't relish paying several hundred bucks for one from my K-dealer. One of my friends said he heard that a older automobile model from Napa or any parts house would work. I'm going to see about finding a small shop to rebuild mine, but I thought I'd check and see if any one here had any for sure information....
    L2500 fel & enough attachments goodies that keep me in trouble

Veteran Member
    Kansas, Butler county, Just east of DooDah
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200 GSTCA

Default Re: Alternator question

Yes there is an exact fit to most all kubota tractors. Hitachi alternators.
    If you have an external regulator use a 14105, this fits early 70's Datsun/Nissan PU and Chev Love PU.
    If you have an internal regulator it is a 14231, this is from late 70's early 80's Nissan PU and a lot of others.
    Either of these can be found at most all auto parts places, rebuilt for around $35 to $45 or new for $55 to $65
    KennyV..

Silver Member

those prices Kenny V quotes are good. Your other option is to take it to an auto electric shop to rebuild. Its what I do with mine.

Tractor
    l2500dt

I just bought the 14231. $55.00 at Autozone. It is not an "exact" fit for my l2500. I will have to get a longer bolt for the bottom and drill the holes on the bottom ears of the alternator about 1/16" bigger. But, it is going to work. I already had it on the tractor temporary and everything seems to work OK. It beats the price kubota wanted by about $300.00.
    Last edited by mmann; 07-24-2009 at 09:03 AM. Reason: left out tractor model

Silver Member
    Tractor
    kabota

HOW MANY AMPS. I BET IT IS WAY MORE THAN THE ORIGINAL. GOOD FOR MORE LITES OR A 110 VOLT INVERTER.

Tractor
    Kubota L2500

I found an exact fit off ebay for $129 or so. Put it on and it worked fine for a cople months. Then the alt light shows up again. I said screw it, don't mow at night, don't need lights. I put it on the charger when I'm up at the house and don't have to charge it again for a couple months. If I remember I'll put the trickle charger on.

Still selling them...

NEW ALTERNATOR kubota TRACTOR 2160 2460 1860:eBay Motors (item 150151865085 end time Aug-04-09 13:29:56 PDT)

I like the local price.
    L2500

Tractor
    l2500dt

It is a 35 amp alternator. I put it on last night using a longer bolt that i essentially made into a stud on the existing bottom mounting bracket of the tractor.
    The top ear of the alternator had to go to the front of the top bracket with the bolt coming through from the rear.