Putting a Woods BH on my 7610 - which one?

/ Putting a Woods BH on my 7610 - which one? #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
I like the BH6000 for price
I like the BH70X for power

I found one thread mentioning potential rub, but that may have been for an 80X,

I've got an itchy credit card and am trying to stimulate the economy.

Any pro's or cons for either?

tia

/ Putting a Woods BH on my 7610 - which one? #2  
I LOVE my BH6000.

But if I had a tractor that could handle a BH70x, I'd have a BH70X.

And I would LOVE my BH70X.

It appears that the BH70X has its own seat, while my BH6000 relies on my spinning the main seat around. I have no clue on if you mounted a BH6000 on your tractor if it would come with its own seat or not. If it did not and it relies on spinning your main seat around (like on my BX), the BH70X would stick out a considerable distance more behind the tractor. The BH6000 would mount "high and tight" on your machine.

That said, I would LOVE to have the extra capacity and reach that the BH70X offers. As much as I absolutely adore my backhoe and love everything it does, the 6 foot reach can be a real limitation in some situations. And who wouldn't like a little more power?

My vote: BH70X

/ Putting a Woods BH on my 7610 - which one? #3  
Well, I do know that a BH 80X can throw a B3030 around due to the weight ratio. The same thing could potentially happen with the B7610 and the BH 70X; I'm just not sure. Also, what is the hydro output of the pump on the 7610 and how does that compare with the pressure the BH 70X is designed to take?

/ Putting a Woods BH on my 7610 - which one?
Well, I do know that a BH 80X can throw a B3030 around due to the weight ratio. The same thing could potentially happen with the B7610 and the BH 70X; I'm just not sure. Also, what is the hydro output of the pump on the 7610 and how does that compare with the pressure the BH 70X is designed to take?
I've been assured by three dealers that the pressure is enough. I'm also pretty sure I will have to at least partially load the FEL and I was thinking beer kegs filled with water, four of the 1/2 kegs should do.

/ Putting a Woods BH on my 7610 - which one? #5  
I used to have a BH6000 on a previous tractor, and currently have a BH80X on my B3030. My honest opinion is go with the BH6000, as I think its a better fit for the 7610. There isn't a huge difference in digging depth, noticeable maybe..... but not huge. Woods even makes a nice mechanical thumb kit if you want a thumb on a 6000. The fact that Woods likes to add weights to the front of the smaller Bs with the 70X just leaves me feeling the lighter 6000 is better suited to a 7610. You won't be disappointed with either hoe though....... :D

Attachments

• Yanmar_YM186D_165.jpg
    Yanmar_YM186D_165.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Woods_BH6000_031.jpg
    Woods_BH6000_031.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 161
Thanks Ductape -

Part of my thinking is that I'll be moving up in tractors in a couple of years and with the BH70X it could work with a larger size tractor. The 7610 meets the minimum of a BH70's HP requirements and the largest tractor I can plan on hauling w/o a CDL is still within the specs for a BH70, I'd just have to get a different mount.

As far as a thumb I kind of like the the BroTeck.

/ Putting a Woods BH on my 7610 - which one? #7  
I have the Bro-tek thumb on my BH6000. BTW, have you confirmed that Woods makes the correct sub-frame to mate this bh to the B7610?

I have the Bro-tek thumb on my BH6000. BTW, have you confirmed that Woods makes the correct sub-frame to mate this bh to the B7610?

Three dealers have told me they can put a 4 point hitch subframe on the B7610.

/ Putting a Woods BH on my 7610 - which one? #9  
Theres definitely no problem getting a subframe mount for a 7610.

If you think you will get a larger tractor in a few years, by all means get the BH70X. I don't think you'll find yourself disappointed with either hoe.

Well I finally came to a decision - I'm going with the BH70-x with subframe.
The first picture below is of the upgraded toplink that Kubota provides for the Kubota BH, pic stolen from medicshawn, and the next picture is one I found on the board of a damaged one. I DO NOT KNOW HOW it was damaged!
But that provided me enough incentive to go with the BH70X

Attachments

• 3ptupgrade.jpg
    3ptupgrade.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 3pt-damage.jpg
    3pt-damage.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 204