BX24 taking back hoe off is getting old

/ BX24 taking back hoe off is getting old #1  

mswlogo

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320 DT (Gear)
I think If I had it to do over again I think I would have bought a BX23 or slightly bigger with no back hoe.

It's nice having the back hoe but I rarely ever use it but I constantly need the 3 pt hitch.

Is it ok to just leave the back hoe off for months at time.

Will it collapse?

Since the BX24 back hoe is sort of custom to the BX24 is there a market to sell them at all? That is, if it only fits on a BX24 they already have one.

/ BX24 taking back hoe off is getting old #2  
Shouldn't collapse, may sag after a bit. Lots of guys I've seen have a custom dolly made out of wood. The BH legs and boom just sit in little closed off areas made of wood. Keeps it from sagging. But if it's on the ground it shouldn't go anywhere anyways.

/ BX24 taking back hoe off is getting old #3  
I think If I had it to do over again I think I would have bought a BX23 or slightly bigger with no back hoe.

It's nice having the back hoe but I rarely ever use it but I constantly need the 3 pt hitch.

Is it ok to just leave the back hoe off for months at time.

Will it collapse?

Since the BX24 back hoe is sort of custom to the BX24 is there a market to sell them at all? That is, if it only fits on a BX24 they already have one.

Just reinstalled my BX23 BH yesterday...It had "sat" for better than 6 months...Backed up to it, hooked up the hydraulic lines, tilted the top away so the tractor would roll under its cross bar then tilted the top of the BH towards the tractor and backed up the last few inches till the BH clamps secured to the tractor...Pulled the safety pins and let the clamps lock in place, installed the new positioned saftey pins and drove away...Your BH can sit for months with no problems.

Don

/ BX24 taking back hoe off is getting old #4  
I never have my BH on unless on I need to use it. Since it designed to take it off and on super easy and can be done in less then 5 mins each. (I know the u tube shows under a min but they don't worry about the dust caps etc.) I put mine on a board. It does creep down to ground over time, but its nothing a reconnect can fix. As for the BH collapsing- hmm that would be a new one. Are you experiencing something like that ?

/ BX24 taking back hoe off is getting old #5  
Mine sits in the corner for months at a time. I can't imagine getting rid of it, cause when I need it, there it is!!! I put in on a rectangular pallet, so the bucket is sitting down on it. Then I put a heavy duty strap from one side to the other, crossing over the stabilizers (which, by the way, I keep up.) This way they don't settle down, and everything is fine and ready for the next time.

/ BX24 taking back hoe off is getting old #6  
Perhaps you could sell the whole tractor and either get a BX 2350 and come out with some extra cash, or perhaps upgrade to a larger tractor without a backhoe and break even?

/ BX24 taking back hoe off is getting old #7  
bxpanded makes a dolly so you can move your BH around to make it easier on you!!

KC

/ BX24 taking back hoe off is getting old
It's looking droopy after a couple weeks but still standing. The stabilizers are flat out like a puppy dog. The bucket seems to be slowly curling in. Dolly might be an option.

A slightly bigger trackor would have been better with no back hoe. Live and learn.

/ BX24 taking back hoe off is getting old #10  
It's looking droopy after a couple weeks but still standing. The stabilizers are flat out like a puppy dog. The bucket seems to be slowly curling in. Dolly might be an option.

A slightly bigger trackor would have been better with no back hoe. Live and learn.

Check all your lines and seals, you might have a "seep" not a leak. My backhoe sets all winter long and never moves, I do block it up so that when I am ready to re-install it done in minutes... check how you setting the bucket...if your setting it flat then it might move. I curl my bucket so the the frame is setting on a block of wood. I give it a complete grase job wipe down all exposed services, then cover it with a tarp...and come spring, all it well.