Brand new owner of a BX25

/ Brand new owner of a BX25 #1  

Jim Donahue

Man what a tractor! Hi everybody, I just wanted to post this because
TractorByNet has helped me make my decide on which sub CUT to buy.
It took about a month of reading posts and checking Dealers out in a
50 mile radius of Brockport NY. All the machines I looked at were very
similar and that made it even harder.

I wanted a backhoe because I figured I had 2000 dollars of trenching and
landscaping to do around the house and of course the "Fun Factor" played
a big part too. At first I thought the BX25 was just too small but after
reading here I decided I was wrong and pulled the trigger last week. The
first job was to dig out two 10 inch diameter stumps. It took about 45
minutes and that was not knowing which lever to pull or when to pull it.
Now Iam sure I could do it in less than 15 minutes each....

I would have posted sooner but I have been having just too much fun!!
Thanks again to everyone how has made a post about these machines,
I would still be looking if it wasn't for them...

/ Brand new owner of a BX25 #2  
Welcome to the board, Jim and congrats on the first tractor!

Post up some pics when you get a chance....

amp

/ Brand new owner of a BX25 #3  
Congratulations on you new toy/workhorse. I didn't really do my homework when I bought mine as I needed something in a real hurry to clear snow before the inlaws came for Christmas. If I did I would have ended up with my tractors younger brother the BX25. The tractor size is really what I needed and I wanted the whole enchilada, but boy it does get the job done. Just yesterday I used the FEL to lift a aluminum gate to raise the hinges to clear the ground on it's swing. Made a difficult job easy. I consider the tractor a glorified wheelbarrow. And I mean glorified. You won't stop finding new uses for it for quite some time.

Although I would have liked a tractor with a metal hood and fender and a no snapping neck reverse snap, I am very happy with my purchase and keep thinking to myself why didn't I buy one earlier.

As you know the FEL is very instinctual but the BH does take a bit of time to get comfortable with.

Be careful these little machines can tip pretty easily if you are not on smooth ground, wear your seatbelt, it is a good habit to start.

Have Fun! :)

/ Brand new owner of a BX25 #4  
congrats on your purchase! It sure is fun to drive the BX around!:D Which dealer did you get your BX from ? Mine came from blazeys. oh - yeah welcome to TBN!

/ Brand new owner of a BX25 #5  
Congratulations on your new BX25. After getting over the learning curve of the backhoe, finding projects isn't hard to do. Enjoy your new tool and we look forward to seeing pics of the BX25 in action.

/ Brand new owner of a BX25 #7  
Question for BX25 owners, bought one also, was wondering when i take off the back hoe and attatch the 3ph, when i decied to remount the BH do I have to remove the 3PH each time or does it accept both the BH & 3PH, i am assuming only one at a time but would like clarification to be sure

thanks

greg

/ Brand new owner of a BX25 #8  
The 3 point hitch must be removed to mount the BH.

/ Brand new owner of a BX25 #9  
Question for BX25 owners, bought one also, was wondering when i take off the back hoe and attatch the 3ph, when i decied to remount the BH do I have to remove the 3PH each time or does it accept both the BH & 3PH, i am assuming only one at a time but would like clarification to be sure

thanks

greg

It's such a quick change you won't mind at all...Enjoy!

Don