Homebrew Kubota Twin-Screw Sleeve Hitch Reverse Tine Tiller Project

/ Homebrew Kubota Twin-Screw Sleeve Hitch Reverse Tine Tiller Project #1  

locknut

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota
Well,not Kubota,but it works great and looks cool :)

DSC00007-1.jpg

See it in action here with more pics and vids.

The little GR keeps finding new things to do.

/ Homebrew Kubota Twin-Screw Sleeve Hitch Reverse Tine Tiller Project #2  
Is that just two front-tine tillers tied together and dragged backwards?
How ingenious? Used front-tine tillers can be had real cheaply.

/ Homebrew Kubota Twin-Screw Sleeve Hitch Reverse Tine Tiller Project #3  
A three engined tilling machine ???:confused::confused:

I name thee.......... Frankentiller !!:eek:

Sweet !

/ Homebrew Kubota Twin-Screw Sleeve Hitch Reverse Tine Tiller Project #4  
That is just too cool, now put a hitch on the back of it and swing the controls around and you'll have reverse/forward tine tiller.

/ Homebrew Kubota Twin-Screw Sleeve Hitch Reverse Tine Tiller Project #5  
Cool set up on the tiller. I liked the snow plowing video to. Thanks for the cool pictures and videos.

/ Homebrew Kubota Twin-Screw Sleeve Hitch Reverse Tine Tiller Project
Construction details.

After I decided to do the project,I researched some front tine tillers that would be suitable for mounting.The Ardisam Earthquake with a square box frame looked the best,so I found one used and purchased a new one that is a close match.Used 1/4" by 2-3/8" bar stock for the side rails and bolted end brackets on each end.The brackets are 3/8" bar stock bent in a u-shape and slid 3" in and bolted.6" lengths of square tube welded to brackets that slide onto the 2" tool bar and tightened with (3) 3/8" set bolts.I already had a ball mount/drawbar adapter made up for the sleeve hitch,so they welded the tool bar to it,flipped upside down.

For the tiller clutch control,I used a pipe floor flange,pipe,and an un-used lift arm from the front blade project.To keep the tillers engaged I used a pipe hanger and a discarded winch handle that flips over the control handle to keep it down.

The two shields are made from some extra conveyor belting I had lying around.Works good as no dirt was thrown in front of the tillers.

I also cut the two end tines off and slid the tillers closer together as the extra width was not needed to cut the wheeltracks out.The tine shields are overlapped about an inch and a half and bolted together.

Fairly simple project overall.I probably spent more time tearing everything apart for the paint process and reassembly.Total cost around 750 for everything.A lot less than a new pull behind Sears or DR Roto-Hog,and besides,I had fun building it :D

/ Homebrew Kubota Twin-Screw Sleeve Hitch Reverse Tine Tiller Project #8  
verry cool project- however we need pics of your progress if you have any.:D

/ Homebrew Kubota Twin-Screw Sleeve Hitch Reverse Tine Tiller Project
That is just too cool, now put a hitch on the back of it and swing the controls around and you'll have reverse/forward tine tiller.

Yep,that's why I had four brackets made.I don't think I'll use it that way though.Works good as is.I had the sleeve hitch in float mode,but it only pulls downward,so I'm going to pin it it down pressure mode.That hole is a little further back for more raise height and extra leverage for the lift.I still need to design something to smooth out the ridges on each side.Ideas?